Digital out...

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by julian2002, Dec 9, 2003.

1. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

it's been a slow day and my brain's been working in my head so...
    would it be possible to take a dvd-a player and intercept the digital signals before the dacs taking the signal to a 24/96 or 24/192 capable offboard dac? obviously you'd have to use the 2 channel downmix or invest in another couple of dacs... or you could wire it straight into the dacs in your a/v amp. i say this from the point of view of knowing zip about the technicalities of this, but is it possible? more to the point is anyone out there with a cheapo dvd-a player willing to try it?

cheers

julian

julian2002, Dec 9, 2003
  2. julian2002

MO! MOnkey`ead!

You'd have to make sure the DVD player can out put 24/96 or 24/192 through it's digital out. Mine doesn't as far as i'm aware.

MO!, Dec 9, 2003
  3. julian2002

julian2002 Muper Soderator

no, sorry what i mean is that at some point on the circuit board there will be a link from the dvd-a decoder to the internal dac (as long as it;s not one big vlsi in which case you're sol) i was talking about intercepting the signal here actually soldering new wires onto the tracks or legs of the dac i suppose and creating new digital outs, not using the existing out (which probably only outputs the strange 24/96 dts).
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Dec 9, 2003
  4. julian2002

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Julain yes it is possible to extact the 'just read data' before it gets 'dac'd internaly' (after clock hours we call it) however you have to identify the said curcirt pathway (although this maybe through a dedicated curcirt board track :D ), and then extrapolate a usable digital signal, protect it from any outside interference whislt in transit, then deposit it to a digital reciever/filter array before comenncing any conversion to analogue.
    You need a manufactures curcirt diagram sir, before surgery Starts. Wm

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2003
    wadia-miester, Dec 9, 2003
  5. julian2002

MO! MOnkey`ead!

In which case................. i'll be leaving :confused:

MO!, Dec 9, 2003
Ask a Question