Digital Stress

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by technobear, Jan 22, 2004.

1. technobear

technobear Ursine Audiophile

technobear, Jan 22, 2004
  2. technobear

Donut

What an excellent article:rolleyes: It would however explaing our general lack on contentment with our systems and the need to upgrade and tweek to try and get that stress busting sound;) I wonder if he uses a round or flat system:D
    Donut

Donut, Jan 23, 2004
  3. technobear

voodoo OdD

Total sh*te :rolleyes: .

I've just had a rotten fews days :( and then I realised I hadn't actually sat down and listenend to some music in my own company for ages.

A TACT rig, fronted by a Wadia can hardly be described as analogue but in all it's digital beauty it cheered me right up :) . A rather cheesy grin hijacked my face for a quite a few hours and it even got me back into working for a few hours aswell. By this gentleman's account, I would have wet myself if it was an analogue setup :ffrc:.

Next they'll start blaming Road Rage :Lplates::grrr: :bub: on DAB [in cars] :rolleyes: .

voodoo, Jan 23, 2004
  4. technobear

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I get digital stress listening to naim cdp's, it's curable by use of the off button :D

wadia-miester, Jan 23, 2004
  5. technobear

You don't need DAB. Even FM radio will have been digital at some point in its path from needle to speaker :(

technobear, Jan 23, 2004
  6. technobear

I used to suffer from digital stress. Then I discovered the Arcam Alpha 9 and realised that CD can actually sound good :cool:

technobear, Jan 23, 2004
  7. technobear

MartinC Trainee tea boy

Now we just have to wait for the likes of Audiophilecandy or RA to start selling LIFE ENERGY PLUSâ„¢ :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2004
    MartinC, Jan 23, 2004
  8. technobear

Donut

I've just realised what he's taliking about - it's digital recordings played though analogue that is causing him a problem - so TT's are the stressfull bit but only if playing digitally recorded or mastered vinyl:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Donut

Donut, Jan 23, 2004
  9. technobear

tones compulsive cantater

Big Tone, there's clearly a market for Life Energy cables here - when do you go into production?

tones, Jan 23, 2004
  10. technobear

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

After you've given me the ok on the patent & personal tested them for sonic difference sir :)

wadia-miester, Jan 23, 2004
  11. technobear

tones compulsive cantater

Is the cheque in the mail yet?

tones, Jan 23, 2004
  12. technobear

PeteH Natural Blue

Hahahahahahahahahaha *gasps* :D

I know people have problems with digital recording technology, but I mean, c'mon:

For anyone else who didn't know what "etiological" means, it means "pertaining to the study of causes or origins". Yep, listening to digitally recorded music makes you violent and disturbed. :p

PeteH, Jan 23, 2004
  13. technobear

joel Shaman of Signals

It is total s*ite because he had quite certainly been using and listening to PCM recordings *long* before 1979 - he just didn't know it.
    Hmmm. Where have I heard this argument before ;)

joel, Jan 23, 2004
  14. technobear

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Ah - that's why you don't like them - you don't leave them warmed up :)

Seriously, I find I get this "digital stress" on any digital replay I've heard - though your's and Henryt's aren't bad at all in that respect.

My CD5 is just beginning to come on song and it's very nice indeed - the Rega Planet sounds harsh and flat in comparison. It's still bettered (easily) by my Rega Planar 3 (even on digital masters like "1987" by Whitesnake) though...

I really MUST get a DVD/A and SACD disc pair to try out the other bits of my Pioneer 656A :)

domfjbrown, Jan 23, 2004
  15. technobear

Goomer

Think I've just found my contribution to the 'Your favourite worst song' thread in the music section......"In the still of the night I hear the wolf howl, honey......"

:D

Goomer, Jan 23, 2004
  16. technobear

Dev Moderator

He could be right. I think we should forget about CDs, DVDs etc and listen instead to the analogue music played by a good BMW straight six at full throttle. It's intoxicating and completely stress free (not good for others who have to get out of the way though :D) :bmw: :bmw: :bmw:

Dev, Jan 23, 2004
  17. technobear

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

He he he - put this on the start of a compilation for Glastonbury last year, as a social test. It lasted up until the bass drop bit - about 3 minutes. Not bad going for quad cheese rock!

domfjbrown, Jan 26, 2004
  18. technobear

julian2002 Muper Soderator

dev,
    i'll let you into a little secret. it's very stress relieving for us 'others' to stay in your way. as you get more and more wound up we can almost feel the stress draining out of us and into you. ;) also if you get one who likes to sit inches off your bumper you can play the face colour game - slowly back off the accelerator - their face goes red. stamp on the brake - their face goes grey, loads of fun. and all while listening to cd's
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jan 26, 2004
  19. technobear

Hee hee hee! I just love the ones who tailgate me on the long straight 30 mph stretch leading to my close. It's amazing how soon you have to slow down to make the right turn into the close. And of course I always have to come to a complete stop to take a good look at the close before turning into it ;)

:D

technobear, Jan 26, 2004
  20. technobear

flash Two ears: two channels

John Diamante M.A.D.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JOHN DIAMOND, M.D., D.P.M., F.R.A.N.Z.C.P., M.R.C.Psych., F.I.A.P.M., D.I.B.A.K. said

the stress [of listening to CDs] leads after a certain time... to a reversal of usual ethical... standards of belief. The effects of this... are a very important etiological factor in the increase in childhood and adolescent disturbances... and in the escalating violence in our society.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Managed to keep an open if hugely sceptical mind all the way through, thinking "oh well, he's barking but entitled to his opinion") until I got to the pills advert and nearly wet myself. Do you think he's sold any?

You could really smack people who tell you music makes you violent, couldn't you...

Does anyone know what all those letters after his name stand for?

Has anyone followed the music links on his website (I couldn't bear the thought but maybe there are braver souls out there)?

What a wierd wacky world.

flash, Jan 27, 2004
Ask a Question