Dissapearing cd's!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Ultrasonic, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Something concering hapened with my cd player yesterday, i pressed the eject button and while the disc tray came out, there was no cd on it! Now i double checked the case to make sure i wernt being forgetful and took it out a few mins ago but it wernt in there. It wasnt until i put another cd in it started making a loud scratching noise. I pressed eject again and there were two cd's in the tray!Not good!Hasnt happened since thankfully and sound quality of my cd player remains the same. Is this a common problem? I must say i had been "getting busy" on the floor right next to my cd player, maybe some of the more elaborate movements caused the cd to jump out of the tray or sumfin?

Any advice iwould be appreciated

Ultra:D

Ultrasonic, Mar 25, 2004
  2. Ultrasonic

Slaphead Lurking less

Most DJ's use two seperate record decks with a mixer to achieve what you were trying to do. Hats off to you for ingenuity though :D

Slaphead, Mar 25, 2004
  3. Ultrasonic

voodoo OdD

Ultra, sounds to me like your marantz is starving :D.

I recommend feeding it lot's of good music ;).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2004
    voodoo, Mar 25, 2004
  4. Ultrasonic

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Hmmm. Sounds like the sock MOnsters (an even aMOunt of socks go in the machine.... an odd aMOunt come out) are MOving into new territory!

Maybe they tried swiping your cd in the hope you'd not notice for a while and then eventualy accept it as just being lost. However, as you noticed it quite soon they had no choice but to replace it or risk being caught out!

My DVD reMOte went missing for 2 days earlier this week too!

MO!, Mar 25, 2004
  5. Ultrasonic

Ultrasonic Bo selecta!!

Come on guys, any sensible feedback? I don't know how the cd mechanism works but im guessing something clamps down into the hole at the centre of the cd and spins it?It must have been a tight cd or something!

Ultra:D

Ultrasonic, Mar 25, 2004
  6. Ultrasonic

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Well you've said it's not happened since so might just have been a one off. Not sure why though (which is what you're asking I guess :eek: ). If it does though, i'd suggest you take the lid off and depending on the lay out inside, you'll also need to reMOve the transport cover too, and see if it's anything obvious.

Not much help sorry.

Keep an eye out for them li'l goblins!

MO!, Mar 25, 2004
Ask a Question