DJ Shadow - The Insiders

Discussion in 'General Music' started by MO!, Sep 23, 2006.

1. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

MOre to let people know it's out than to express an opinion.

I've only managed to play it in bits a couple of times so far. Not all the way through yet.

So far.... well if you're still waiting for Endtroducing Part 2, you'll have to keep waiting. It's much more Vocal (rap) and song driven.

Couldn't just recommend it on the back of "if you liked endtroducing", but still sounds rather good if you like this sort of thing.

Will need a few MOre listens before deciding.

ANyone else heard it yet?

p.s I've got the version with the extra DVD which was only a couple of pound MOre so worth getting I guess. But again, not managed to play that yet either.

MO!, Sep 23, 2006
  2. MO!

Heavymental

Hmm will give it a listen but to be honest my patience with Shadow is running out a bit. I find it hard to listen to sometimes especially with the style of beats he goes for. I didn't enjoy Private Press that much although it had some good tunes on it its a bit much to play the whole album.

Heavymental, Sep 26, 2006
  3. MO!

Bill Phabb

the outsider??

it blows. not shadow at all. big let down

Bill Phabb, Oct 1, 2006
  4. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I wouldn't say it blows. But I'd agree it's a bit of a let down.

Took on it's own I'm liking it. Just comparing to what he's done previously it's not as great.

Quite a few of the tracks sound MOre like the Uncle stuff than Shadow.

MO!, Oct 1, 2006
  5. MO!

greg Its a G thing

Personally I even found "entroducing" a let down compared to his 12's released prior to.

greg, Oct 14, 2006
  6. MO!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Really? Or just trying to be all "back in the day" stylééé ;)

endtroducing is a work of brilliance IMO. I've listened to it countless times and always notice something new on it.

The Insiders is a bit of a grower. As I'd said earlier, from anyone else I'd rate it higher, just expeted/hoped for something else from him. Some people might prefer it, just depends what you're after.

MO!, Oct 14, 2006
  7. MO!

greg Its a G thing

No seriously. I don't need to try to be all "back in the day", I just quite literally was, whether that's a good or bad thing is debatable. I have the first few 12's on Mo Wax and played them out and about a lot. I was never generally arsed about the trip hop thing, but Shadow tracks features in my sets a lot nevertheless. I like Entroducing but it wasn't quite what I was hoping for at the time.

greg, Oct 14, 2006
Ask a Question