Do decent wall brackets for speakers exist?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by maddog 2, Jun 3, 2004.

1. maddog 2

maddog 2

Brother wants to mount his speakers on the wall due to space and young child considerations.

Now I've used the cheap metal brackets before and they're wobbly and rubbish.

Does anyone make a decent set of sturdy metal brackets than look good. Like the old Target ones.

If not WHY NOT! :devil:

Do they not realise that brothers have children?

maddog 2, Jun 3, 2004
  2. maddog 2

analoguekid Planet Rush

analoguekid, Jun 3, 2004
  3. maddog 2

maddog 2

Indeed there's a variety of brackets available - see http://www.hifistore.co.uk/category.php?qsCat=WALLBKT2 - but my suspicion is they're all pretty flimsy.

I want something that's really solid. Something that will do the speakers justice. And also allow some fore and aft adjustment too maybe. I just don't think they exist.

maddog 2, Jun 3, 2004
  4. maddog 2

Hex Spurt

I was down at the CEDIA expo yesterday. There were several of the bracket manufacturers showing their wares. A manufacturer called Vogels had a pretty extensive range on offer. It all looked pretty good quality stuff to me.

Are your brothers speakers particularly big or heavy?

Hex

Hex Spurt, Jun 3, 2004
  5. maddog 2

Heath

Hi Maddog

How about Linn Brakits? I'm using the Mk1 version on my rear AV speakers and they're neat and pretty solid. The Mk1 version were/are also sold by Dynaudio for wall mounting the Audience 42 and 52 speakers. They allow left-right and up-down rotational adjustment, but not fore-aft. I have a second set waiting to go on my bedroom system if you wanted to see them.

How did you get on with the VdH cable?

Heath

Heath, Jun 3, 2004
  6. maddog 2

maddog 2

How are you doing Heath :)

How's the new CD player?

I'll have a look at the Linns. They look pretty solid. £48 for a pair is not too bad I guess.

The VDH was good but I still thought the Chord Siren had the edge. The next phase is a new CD player though :)

Just shout if you want me to drop the VDH off.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2004
    maddog 2, Jun 3, 2004
  7. maddog 2

maddog 2

He hasn't bought them yet but I suspect they'll be standard bookshelf size so not that big. The Vogels look quite good.

Is anyone flogging any good nick bookshelfers?

maddog 2, Jun 3, 2004
  8. maddog 2

maddog 2

the Vogel VLB 100 looks a good option.

maddog 2, Jun 3, 2004
  9. maddog 2

Goomer

Hi maddog

Not sure if it's any use to you, but there's someone selling some Target shelves on ebay at present(no connection to me, by the way), and these are new products apparantly, so it looks like 'Target' are back on the scene - don't know whether it might be worth emailing the seller to see if they have any other Target products.

Hope that's of use, and good luck with the hunt,

Chris.

Goomer, Jun 3, 2004
  10. maddog 2

Heath

After a minor hiccup initially due to the carriers not being able to read the large red 'FRAGILE' stickers, the new CD player is now in situ and sounding better every day. Just when I think I've got used to what it can do, it'll throw a bit more detail out of the music and grab my attention again.

I would see how much the Dynaudio wall brackets are. The second pair I bought were Dynaudio rather than Linn, and were much cheaper (about 35 quid I think). I got them from Practical Hifi on Penny Street in Lancaster, but they had to order them in specially.

Yeah, I have to agree about the Chord. My old Marantz CD player has been nabbed by a friend briefly, but if you want to borrow it when I get it back, let me know.

Yeah, drop it off anytime - either at my house, or at work.

Heath

Heath, Jun 3, 2004
  11. maddog 2

maddog 2

I've been looking at a CD6000 KI actually. After listening to your system I had to accept that it was doing something better than mine and the suspicion is that its the CD player.

either that or I want a new Cd player and any good reason is good enough.:rolleyes:

maddog 2, Jun 3, 2004
Ask a Question