does the never connected make a difference?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by oldius, Dec 9, 2008.

1. oldius

oldius

Does anyone have experience of the never connected psu for the diablo phono stage?

oldius, Dec 9, 2008
  2. oldius

jerrykan If it moves, punk it

I have heard the Diablo with and without and the NCPSU does indeed make a big difference along with the upgraded umbilical lead Trichord do. I also got Graham at Trichord to mod my TEAC cd player with an NCPSU. Even using Nordost Vishnu leads you can still hear the difference. I have heard many phono-stages and the Trichord Diablo was / is one of my favourites. One thing I particularly noticed was the ' ebb and flow ' it gives to music, acoustic material in particular. I still remember listening to a 200g copy of Kind of Blue on one of the first evenings of using the Diablo. I must have listened to this album more than any other and the Diablo made it sound the best ever, the bass playing on All Blues had never sounded so melancholy and soporific. Highly recommended upgrade, and don't hesitate in buying the aforementioned lead.

jerrykan, Dec 10, 2008
  3. oldius

oldius

Thank you. The diablo is a recent purchase and is, as you say, superb. My 40th beckons though and with family struggling to pick a present opportunity beckons! NCPSU it is then!

oldius, Dec 10, 2008
  4. oldius

AlanB Audiophile

Had a Never Connected and Trichord Clock 4 fitted to an A5 CDP and the difference was minimal. Worth £900 - not in a month of Sundays.

AlanB, Dec 14, 2008
  5. oldius

jerrykan If it moves, punk it

This probably has more to do with MF gear than the Trichord mod.

jerrykan, Dec 14, 2008
  6. oldius

sq225917 Exposer of Foo

yeh a decent recentish cd player shouldn't need any clock mods. With upsampling and the DAC being performed on the same chip it's kinda pointless. A better power supply feed to the pin for the digital section of the chip is likely more use.

sq225917, Dec 14, 2008
Ask a Question