Doves at Forever Heavenly

Discussion in 'General Music' started by scott_01, Sep 15, 2008.

1. scott_01

scott_01

Went to RFH on Friday for the first of the Forever Heavenly nights

Missed Cherry Ghost but caught the main event(s)

Manic Street Preachers: Played all 6 songs they recorded for heavenly records. These are basically the 'Motown Junk' and 'You Love Us' singles and B-Sides. Motown Junk itself lacked a bit of bite, but it was the first song. 'Observers of Suicide' and 'You Love Us' were total class. Witty as usual too and nice to see them back.

The Doves: The reason I (and I'm sure the majority of the crowd) went. Absolute quality, the new material sounds excellent and I can't wait for the album. Highlight was probably 'Northenden' although it is hard to pick one from the set as they were all really good. I am a massive and biased fan but they really are a top live band too. I'd recommend a seeing them even if you only know a few of the songs or just the singles.

RFH was interesting, shame about the seats but I suppose it was designed for classical concerts.

P.S. Nando, Beth Orton is on the Heavenly label and has been since her first record. She will have played at one of the events throughout the weekend. Used to play at Heavenly Social nights too.

scott_01, Sep 15, 2008
Ask a Question