Doves at Rock City

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Uncle Ants, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Uncle Ants

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

The support band, The Magic Numbers were great fun.

But Doves were quite frankly rotten. Not helped by the fact that Rock City truly is the most abysmal venue in the history of the world (everytime I go the sound is terrible and you can't see a thing - I keep saying "never again", but always forget) and their fans a bunch of a***holes.

This truly is music for those who collect the CDs off the front of Sunday colour supplements. Their fans probably all quite like Dido, Morcheeba too (and no doubt the wanker Weller as well). God help us.

PS. I also have a hangover which probably doesn't help, but really ..... :rolleyes:

Uncle Ants, Mar 30, 2005
  2. Uncle Ants

lordsummit moderate mod

I'm going next week. Saw them a few years back, and they were rather good. Mind you I'd happily pay good money to see Weller..........

lordsummit, Mar 30, 2005
  3. Uncle Ants

batman

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
    batman, Mar 30, 2005
  4. Uncle Ants

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I breifly saw them at the Rob Gretton memorial gig last year, they only played three tracks but I thought they were pretty good. I like the Dove's but I am not a major fan,I haven't bought their new album yet.

They the type of band I will buy their music in the sale, I will pay £15 for a ticket at a smaller venue but I certainly wouldn't see them at a stadium.

amazingtrade, Mar 30, 2005
  5. Uncle Ants

Uncle Ants In Recordeo Speramus

Well, I guess I didn't feel one way or the other til I saw them and anway Auntie wanted to go.

... I went to see Weller a few years back ... and he was shit as well :D

Actually hangover receded ... perhaps I was being a bit harsh. I didn't know what to expect really, but they were certainly much blander than I thought they would be and maybe its not fair to take umbrage at a band partly because their fans (the ones at the gig I mean) were a bunch of lobotomised numbskulls and partly because they were playing at the worst venue in the northern hemisphere.

Uncle Ants, Mar 31, 2005
  6. Uncle Ants

lordsummit moderate mod

They were pretty good at the Apollo last night, they got there set list badly wrong, their first song was Pounding, then almost straight after black and white town, it didnt' kick off again then until about half way through. The Magic Numbers were ace as well. I'm going to watch out for an album from them.

lordsummit, Apr 7, 2005
Ask a Question