downgrade!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by pippoff, Sep 21, 2005.

1. pippoff

pippoff

hi
    i am just starting to transfer my vinyl to cd - heresy to some i know, but i can't remember the last time i played one and having just re-decorated i am noy going to put up new turntable shelving!
    just got a sony sacd player - scd-xe597 - but i find it a bit sharp thru my linn intek/rogers bbc export monitors - which are also too large/overpowered for the new small listening room
    the linn was a replacement for a quad33/303 combo - much more my sound but i do not want to return to valves
    so - what do people feel an appropriate amp/speaker combo to be? amp should be around £150 and speakers - wall or floor? - again need to be smaller than the rogers
    i intend getting the stuff on ebay to use up my paypal credit (and eventually sell the vinyl there)
    sorry for the length of post
    phil

pippoff, Sep 21, 2005
  2. pippoff

Tenson Moderator

Get some active speakers. Sell the amp and get something like the Dynaudio BM6A and a valve pre-amp. You don't have to worry about the amp and speaker combination then.

Tenson, Sep 22, 2005
Ask a Question