Dual CS-522 turntable for sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by johnandchris, Mar 24, 2012.

1. johnandchris

johnandchris

For sale is a Dual CS-522 Belt drive turntable. In full working order apart form the automatic start. Common problem with these which comes from the plastic part which initiates the arm moving wearing. Easily relaceable if you can source the part, however i havent bothered as i prefer to put mine on by hand.

Everything else, the cueing lever, the drive, the arm and cartridge etc is perfect. The speed is spot on and can be checked with the built in strobe. The condition is superb.

I actually bought this for my father but it is slightly too big for his cabinet so i am having to sell it. I cannot justify another turntable.

I used it for a short while while i had my LP12 apart servicing it, and i was very pleased by the quality. The sound is nice and clean with plenty of detail and punch. The cartridge on it is the Ortofon ULM-45E moving magnet cartridge which was the forerunner to Ortofons current line. Replacement Stylus' are readily available and reasonably priced (although there is nothing wrong with this one). It has the original manual (as well as the cartridge manual) and i have fully set the deck up. I have also replaced the phono connectors with some modern gold plated Neutrik connectors

In short this is a cracking little turntable which is in very good condition (i can supply photos if required). There is a small crack (1 inch) in the top of the lid but it is very difficult to see and does not detract from the overall condition. It really is good and if i could keep it i would. If i can get hold of the replacement plastic part i will fit it.

Make me a sensible offer. ideal TT for getting back into vinyl or as a second deck

johnandchris, Mar 24, 2012
  2. johnandchris

johnandchris

hopefully now with photos.
    [​IMG]

johnandchris, Mar 24, 2012
Ask a Question