DVD/XBOX > Projector?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rockhopper, Dec 6, 2005.

1. rockhopper

rockhopper

Hi folks,

i've borrowed my mate's projector and need some video cables for connecting my DVD player and Xbox. Its the Panasonic PTA500.

Please could you advise me on which type of cables would be ideal for best picture quality.

I'll probably be going for component leads for the DVD (so I can use prog scan), but i'm not sure of the best way to connect the Xbox??

At the moment I have an advanced AV scart lead which also has an optical connection, so I am using an optical lead for audio into my av amp, which is fine, but for video I only have a single (low quality) phono lead. The projector has no scart input, so am I best off just getting a good quality single phono lead?

Please help! Oh, also, are there any particular makes/models which you could recommend please? Thanks a lot.

rockhopper, Dec 6, 2005
  2. rockhopper

ListeningEar

Scour the Net for after-market upgrade cables form the standard audio/video cables supplied with the XBox. Myself and friends of mine had huge improvements with the video by using IXOS cables for both the XBox and PS2.
    IXOS make cables specially designed for these applications ;)
    I am sure there are others though...

ListeningEar, Dec 6, 2005
  3. rockhopper

Rory satisfied

Rory, Dec 8, 2005
Ask a Question