dynaudio

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amir, Sep 26, 2005.

1. amir

amir

hi guys
    i want to know dynaudio company use which amplifier brand in hifi shows? and which speaker cable they use?
    Dynaudio is so sensitive to upstreams
    thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2005
    amir, Sep 26, 2005
  2. amir

Stereo Mic

Depends on the country and financial arrangements.

If left to their own choice, Dynaudio decided that no amplifiers were good enough for their speakers, hence the Artbiters.

Stereo Mic, Sep 26, 2005
  3. amir

amir

realy!

amir, Sep 26, 2005
  4. amir

ErikfH

I've seen the Dutch importer using three different brands to drive Dyns at shows of which Arcam sounded the worst and Mark Levinson the best (which perhaps is no surprise). Third one was Siltech (the Dutch cable manufacturer) who created a few big and very expensived amps that didn't sound at all with the Evidence at that time.

The Germans often mention Accuphase (which amps you don't seem to like if I recall well) and the rest of the world generally refers to Plinius. Or to a(ny) tube preamp with a(ny) high power/current power amp.

To my ears its MF, supported by Van den Hul cabling, that, affordably, mates fine with Dynaudio.

This question has been raised on Audiogon several times, but without an conclusive answer (ultimately because we all hear/appreciate different)

Though Stereo Mic might hit the bullet with his comment. :)

ErikfH, Sep 26, 2005
  5. amir

Sir Galahad Harmonia Mundi

Amir, for your info, a high-end hi-fi store here in France currently demos the following :

1/ Dynaudio Confidence C2 + Fado CDP, ALS + Icos amps + Tara Labs and/or Totem cables

2/ Dynaudio Evidence with Sphinx electronics, Project 8 pre and Project 18 amp, Acustic Art source, Bel Canto converter, Siltech cables.

3/ Dynaudio Evidence + Linn CD 12 or Unidisk, Linn Kontrol pre, Klimax monoblocks, Siltech or Cybernetic Research or Tara Labs cables.

Whatever these things are :)

Sir Galahad, Sep 26, 2005
Ask a Question