Eagles - Hell Freezes Over - 180g vinyl pressing

Discussion in 'General Music' started by nsherin, Feb 22, 2004.

1. nsherin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Picked this up yesterday for £15 from Diverse Vinyl at the Sound and Vision show. This has always been my favourite live concert, since it's release in 1994. I've got the DVD-V and CD-A version, but always wondered if it was available on CD.

The good news is that it is - and the pressing is of excellent quality. Bass is tight, punchy and vocals are clear with detailed layering of instruments. This LP really brings out the best in my TT.

Highly recommended for any fans of the Eagles!

nsherin, Feb 22, 2004
  2. nsherin

lordsummit moderate mod

Will second that. I've had it a couple of years. A fabulous sounding recording.

lordsummit, Feb 22, 2004
  3. nsherin

The Devil IHTFP

Erm....I bought this at the weekend on vinyl. I see where you are coming from with the sound, it's very inoffensive indeed, but to the point of sounding boring - not like a live album at all. I have another live album by them which is miles better in terms of 'involvement'. Hell freezes over sounds like it's been tinkered with to round-off any rough edges which might upset audiophiles' delicate sensibilities.

After two sides I gave up and put Tom Waits' Small Change on instead for, er, a change.

The Devil, Mar 1, 2004
  4. nsherin

Graham C

I was never a fan of the the CD version of HFO, for the music or the recording, but I've never heard it vinyl.

The double CD from the 80s 'Eagles Live' is good - esp 'life in the fast lane', 'life's been good' and the slower numbers, but nothing to rock the roof off. IMO, Glen Frey live is about the best 'Eagles' live album for sound and performance [it's also a DVD though I aint seen it].

I'd get those 2, 'One of these nights' and the 45 of 'Take it easy' [bigger bottom] and that's all u need

Graham C, Mar 1, 2004
  5. nsherin

The Devil IHTFP

Yes, Eagles Live is the other one, good in parts. On HFO, there is no crowd noise at all during the tracks - seems a bit odd really.

The Devil, Mar 2, 2004
  6. nsherin

nsherin In stereo nirvana...

Haven't got or heard Eagles Live. I do have the Glenn Frey live CD though - and agree - very very good it is!

nsherin, Mar 2, 2004
Ask a Question