Eastern Electric M520 integrated

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by LinearMan, Dec 15, 2005.

1. LinearMan

LinearMan

I'm considering this amplifier for my second system, in which I want to go the tube route. Has anyone any experience of this amp, good or bad?

Yes, I know the alternatives, but I do like the look of this amp, based on its features (remote is a must), reviews and price.

Thanks.

LinearMan, Dec 15, 2005
  2. LinearMan

jtc

I haven't personally heard it but I use their Minimax pre-power in preference to my previous much-more-expensive Naim system. In fact, it holds its own against anything when you spend a little time tube-rolling so long as you mate it with relatively sensitive speakers. That's the one proviso that I think the integrated doesn't need to make.

I'd been thinking Border Patrol pre-power route, but the price somewhat scared me (£8k-ish). The MiniMax pre-power offers a sound which I think compares well. Perhaps not quite so detailed or refined, but 99% there. And for a fraction of the price...

On that basis, I'd expect great things of the integrated, though perhaps not quite in the same league as the pre-power (though I can't say for sure).

jtc, Dec 15, 2005
Ask a Question