ebay fu***ers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Lt Cdr Data, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Lt Cdr Data

Lt Cdr Data om

as if they are not making enough, what with heavy listing fees, then a whack of commission on the end.

Then they are now saying you can't charge for paypal.

At 3.4%, this would be an EXTRA £34 on £1000 sale, in addition to the £30 or so fee + quite a bit for listing if you did a reserve.

The greedy bastards:mad:

my local paper only want £17 for a car, even if it sells at £5000+

Lt Cdr Data, Jun 19, 2004
  2. Lt Cdr Data

Tim F

You said it!

Actually most people think the listing fee is the end of it, they don't realise how much they'll charge if you actually sell an expensive item.

Lots of people are still adding the Paypal fee to the auction though.

Pity Ebid is so sparse.... about time Ebay had some competition.

Tim F, Jun 19, 2004
  3. Lt Cdr Data

robert_cyrus

better for buyers, though, no ?

robert_cyrus, Jun 20, 2004
  4. Lt Cdr Data

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

I didn't read ebays email in the same way. It suggested people should charge others for using paypal. I took that to understand a surcharge for simply using the facility.

I don't think ebay has the right to tell people not to charge for the cost of ebay. Every good business on earth passes its costs to its customers otherwise it wouldn't be in business.

For what its worth I don't charge for using paypal because I want everyone paying that way, its so much quicker.

garyi, Jun 20, 2004
  5. Lt Cdr Data

greg Its a G thing

dont forget retail outlets have to pay CC charges which they seldom pass onto customers. also PayPal charging structure is now different for qualified merchants there is now a sub 2% rate but I cant remember what/who it applies to. Also Postal Orders are more expensive (though the Buyer pays). For the convenience I still rate PayPal but for low value items the extra 20p (which I dnt quite understand) added to the 3.4% makes the costs more like 5% of the sale price.

greg, Jun 20, 2004
Ask a Question