Eels Shootenanny

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Robbo, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Robbo

Robbo

I have had this now for a couple of weeks and as usual with Eels stuff its a grower. This album is another collection of witty, inventive melancholy rock tracks, probably his most consistent since Beautiful Freak. I like it a lot.

Here is what amazon says :-

If you havent got any Eels in your collection yet, you could do a lot worse than this one. More rock loving types should also try Souljacker.

Cheers, Robbo

Robbo, Jul 1, 2003
  2. Robbo

jay

I'm into them as well Rob- shoot is the only album I have but it's a goodie! You think I should try the Beautiful Freak album? Is it similiar?

Jay

jay, Jul 2, 2003
  3. Robbo

Robbo

Jay,

Ive got most of them and the are all very good. Beautiful freak would be a good one to get, I really like souljacker, much more in your face and rocky, electroshock blue is also good but a more melancholy, but there are some great tracks on it. Dasies of the galaxy is not bad too, but I would leave that one for later.

Robbo

Robbo, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Robbo

jay

Thx Robbo

Sometimes I use this site All Music to check out new bands. Good for a run down but I have some "issues" with their star ratings :eek:

Jay

jay, Jul 2, 2003
  5. Robbo

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Beautiful Freak is a masterpiece...

I really need to get off my fat butt and get the last two albums of theirs...

domfjbrown, Jul 3, 2003
  6. Robbo

vb58

Eel's albums

Hi All,

First post here, but I have recently got in to the Eels. I agree about Beautiful Freak superb album. I've just got Shootenanny and am getting into that one.

Vance

vb58, Jul 8, 2003
  7. Robbo

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I used to have Beautiful Freak Leant it out and though I know who's got it, to be honest, I've not really missed it till now! Liked it but as i've said, seems to have gone unmissed! Perhaps it's time to recover it and spin again!

edited to add: Forgot to welcome you to the forum! get posting! :D

MO!, Jul 8, 2003
Ask a Question