Electra 905 update

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Rory, May 21, 2004.

1. Rory

Rory satisfied

Focal JM Lab Electra 905s finally arrived today and wow...what a stunning sound. Playing acoustic guitar and voice music through them, you could hear the body of the guitar resonate and hear the character in the vocals.
    Treble is spot on too- very very detailed, but not at all harsh and in no way bitty.

Got to work on the stereo imaging and the bass now- its sounding a bit 'cubby' now.

The sound is a bit reminisent of my old Celestion Kingstons, but with a tad more colouration and slightly more bass extension. More enjoyable, you could say :)

They are on filled Atacama SE6 (24inch tall) stands...also tried 22inch tall Heybrook HBS1 open stands, but bass was too light. They also don't appear to like being positioned by walls and bass colours the mids a tad too much.

But all looking good...so far ;)

Rory, May 21, 2004
  2. Rory

ronaldo

hi rory i have owned these speakers they sound a lot better on light open framed stands try and track some down and give them a go. i don't know much of the heybrooks you mention.
    i found that they did'nt work on sand filled stands at all.
    they really are good as is the 906.
    i am sure your friendly dealer will lend you some, try the acoustic solutions you will have to find them s/h try the silver alphasons, not open framed but very good with the electra's but dont fill them they are about £80-90.
    let me know how you get on.
    frank

ronaldo, May 22, 2004
Ask a Question