England - France

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sir Galahad, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad Harmonia Mundi

England - France (or France - Angleterre, depending on which side of the Channel you are) starting this very minute.

This Forum's gonna be deserted for a while ...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2005
    Sir Galahad, Feb 13, 2005
  2. Sir Galahad

Sgt Rock

We need Jonny back :cry:

Sgt Rock, Feb 13, 2005
  3. Sir Galahad

robs

Enough to put any new fans from last year off the game forever... My money's on Wales (as it was last year). I reckon the Scots might even beat the English this year...roll on March 19th!!! That WILL be embarassing..

robs, Feb 13, 2005
  4. Sir Galahad

cab586

I was there - 2nd the bring back Jonny call.

cab586, Feb 13, 2005
  5. Sir Galahad

angi73

it wouldn't be so painfull if france actually did anything to win! england spent so much time in france's half! slow ball and continous "lets kick it when we are clearly not capable"

I dont like to point the finger, but hodgeson is pretty terrible, every time i have seen him play for england he misses an unacceptable number of penaties, this is not what you expect from international fly halves, witness Yachvili's kicking.

oh well, at least wales are really great to watch at the moment.

angi73, Feb 13, 2005
  6. Sir Galahad

Zoomer

sorry got to say this but i'm a welsh supported and for onece we are doing well although i wanted england to win this match cos it would give france less of a chance.

But tbh neither side deserved a single point they way they where playing world class rugby my arse.

btw as a thought for you this would of been what it was like if wilkinson missed on the wold cup final although generaly they played a lot better then.

Zoomer, Feb 14, 2005
  7. Sir Galahad

angi73

true, neither side deserved much in that match.

I love the way wales are playing at the moment. the last time they were good their game revolved around neil jenkins kicking and not much else, but now they make some great runs/moves, after the forwards have oblitterated the oposition :)

i hope engalnd can at least hang on to their pride when/if they go to murrayfield!

angi73, Feb 15, 2005
  8. Sir Galahad

Zoomer

ya it will be interesting to see the results of tha calcuter cup when England and Scotland meet should be quite a close game if this stay the same.

when Jenkins played for Wales they where doing pretty good and he was playing for a long time, but now we have henderson who looks to be a bright light in the future of welsh rugby.

Zoomer, Feb 15, 2005
  9. Sir Galahad

badchamp Thermionic Member

If Mr W had been kicking on Sunday France would almost certainly have lost by a considerable margin, however, there are only 5 I think, of the World Cup winning team playing so England are a team in rebuilding stage. It's gonna be a while before they attain that high standard again.

Robinson's seen and experienced it all, so I think it's just a matter of time before England are back up there.

badchamp, Feb 15, 2005
  10. Sir Galahad

Zoomer

I'll give you that but tbh i'm not sure you will see wilkinson much in the future he may be playing in 3 weeks time but from all looks he wont make the irland match.

Robinson is a very good play and i'm glad he is captain now as he deserves it he was one of the big reason England won the world cup, I feel that Wilkinson is too highly rated it was a teem effort for the world cup not a one man glory hunt, who knows if he hadnt of kicked for drop goal so many times it could of been trys.

Zoomer, Feb 15, 2005
Ask a Question