Envirophone dot com

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Haselsh1, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Haselsh1

Haselsh1 Shaun H

Hey, everyone, I saw an ad for this site that gives you money for your old mobile phones. I thought I may as well try it as it was only going to take a few minutes so I inputted the make and model of my old phone (Samsung E800) only to be told they would pay me 94p...!!! I'd rather bin it.

Haselsh1, Dec 1, 2008
  2. Haselsh1

lbr monkey boy

LOL! They could have at least rounded it to £1!

lbr, Dec 1, 2008
  3. Haselsh1

SMEagol Because we wants it...

I got offered a whacking six quid for a mint condition Motorola Razr. I'm not that bloomin eco.

SMEagol, Dec 1, 2008
  4. Haselsh1

Haselsh1 Shaun H

Money, money, money...

It never ceases to amaze me how those that pull the strings always want something for nothing.

A case in point is HiFi. That's why we're here on this forum. The margin on consumer electronics is 2.5 times. So, that means, take the retail price for your shiny new piece of kit and divide by 2.5...!!! The result is what your dealer paid for it from the manufacturer. Now you don't have to be genius to work out that the more expensive the item, the more massive is the profit margin. Your dealer is getting all of that money out of your pocket just because he/she has a shop...!!!

It kind of makes secondhand look a lot more attractive. Bring it on ebay...!!!

Haselsh1, Dec 2, 2008
  5. Haselsh1

Dev Moderator

Well, think of it this way. Someone may be making money out of it but you may still be helping the one who ends up with the phone.

OTOH, why not just give it away to someone?

Dev, Dec 2, 2008
  6. Haselsh1

Haselsh1 Shaun H

Dev, that's exactly what I'll do. I'll wait until I know of someone that wants it and it's a freebie. It's unlocked so it must be of use to someone.

Haselsh1, Dec 2, 2008
  7. Haselsh1

SMEagol Because we wants it...

or someone who drives a Bentley! :D

...I thought they just stripped the valuable metals.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
    SMEagol, Dec 2, 2008
  8. Haselsh1

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Will it take a 3 simcard?

My phone took a bit of a soaking the other day and now the 4,6,0 and back keys don't work. Fine for making calls from numbers I already have. But I can't type new ones in and writing texts is a pita too!

I picked up a spare a while ago but ended up giving it away (well... long term loan and don't want to have to ask for it back), and don't want to "upgrade" until my contract's up. I ended up selling my last upgrade on and keeping the old phone. Knew there was the risk itmight not last till the next upgrade was due though.

If it will take a 3 simcard let me know how much you'd like for it if you're willing to sell it?

Or if anyone else has anything cheap but reasonable to take a 3 sim let me know.

MO!

MO!, Dec 2, 2008
Ask a Question