Eric Clapton to tour

Discussion in 'General Music' started by ilockyer, Oct 9, 2003.

1. ilockyer

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Just got this in my inbox from www.ticketline.co.uk, though I'd pass it on in case anyone's interested.

ERIC CLAPTON

Guitar legend Eric Clapton has announced a series of arena shows for April 2004 culminating in a week long residency at London's Royal Albert Hall during May. Tickets will go on sale at 9:00am on Friday 10th October and will be priced at £50 plus booking fee per ticket except for London where the price rises to £55 each plus booking fee.

26 Apr - Glasgow SECC
    27 Apr - Newcastle Telewest Arena
    29 Apr - Manchester MEN Arena
    30 Apr - Birmingham NEC
    4,5,7,8,10,11 May - London Royal Albert Hall

I imagine all the usual ticket outlets will be doing these.

ilockyer, Oct 9, 2003
  2. ilockyer

lordsummit moderate mod

Seen him twice. he was awful the first time so I went again a few years later hoping for better. No he was worse. He spent nearly an hour doing twee little numbers like tears in heaven, and then rounded off the night with the rabble rousing acoustic version of Layla. One of the least exciting evenings ever. I think I won't be going:duck:

lordsummit, Oct 12, 2003
  3. ilockyer

johnhunt recidivist

Lord

One of my ideas of hell

John

johnhunt, Oct 14, 2003
  4. ilockyer

lordsummit moderate mod

Phew I thought it was just me, there were all these 50 year old haven't I done wells there clapping politely. I got stuck in a traffic jam as Birmingham had never seen so many Bimmers and Mercs all out at the same time so I missed Bonnie Rait who I really wanted to see. But how tedious was he:chunder:

lordsummit, Oct 14, 2003
  5. ilockyer

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

shame!

Ive got some of his early vinyl and its cracking... like 461 ocean boulevard.. shame he has gone all acoustic - its not really the best way of filling an arena IMHO

Is £50 about normal now aswell? seems a lot to me, but I havent been to a gig in a few years.

Chris

bottleneck, Oct 14, 2003
Ask a Question