Esoteric AZ-1 amplifier [Coherent Modified]

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Biscuit, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Biscuit

Biscuit

50W/8Ohm Class D integrated amplifier from Esoteric (who know their digital stuff) and breathed upon by Coherent Systems (who also know their digital stuff). Has a built in DAC with 2 optical and 2 coaxial inputs, a built in word clock (+/- 1ppm) and a MM phonostage - talk about versatile!!

I have owned this from new, and it has been used extremely lightly due to university and having to pack my hifi away so the room could be decorated, so it is in absolutely mint condition and not even properly run in after the modifications at Coherent. The modifications have added obvious authority and extension to the bass, as well as completely cleaning up some mains hum and enclosure resonance - all added to what I feel was already one of the most exciting, neutral and versatile class D amps I have heard.

I am selling this due to not really using my hifi at the moment due to university, and money would be very welcome to cover what I have just paid over as a deposit cheque for my accommodation next year, and other miscellaneous expenses that seem to be piling up at the moment. I also think I need a touch more power if (big IF) I am going to keep my JBL's, as the 89dB/8Ohm efficiency seems to underestimate how tough the bass driver is to get moving. Doubt there will be any short term replacement, as my next task is to get the Air Tight ATM-1 I have lying around working properly

The RRP for this is around 4000 Euro, plus modifications cost me £400. Asking £1100 - have all the original packaging, so courier is a possibility, but collection from Cambs preferred. Pictures available and demo welcome (currently home for the next 2-3 months for summer).

Biscuit, Jul 2, 2008
  2. Biscuit

Biscuit

been a couple of weeks, so hopefully a legal bump :)

open to offers, or even part exchange w/cash either way for something like Berning, Ayre, Marantz etc

Biscuit, Jul 14, 2008
  3. Biscuit

Biscuit

bump, and price reduced to £950

can supply plenty of pictures if anyone wants to see quite how pretty this little amp is

Biscuit, Jul 21, 2008
Ask a Question