Esound E5 from cattylink

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by biggles01, Jul 6, 2009.

1. biggles01

biggles01

Hi, can anyone help. I purchased an Esound E5 cd se player from cattylink.com a couple of years back. After only a couple of hundred hours use the transport stopped working. I contacted cattylink and they went through a few steps to clean contacts which didn't help. They said they would contact esound engineers but that was two months ago and despite numerous e-mails all I have had was a rather impudent reply. So thats the last thing I would ever buy from them.
    All I am looking for is some help to get it fixed. Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a circuit diagram or anyone who could fix it. There is no power to transport but can't trace the fault.
    Any help would be appreciated.

biggles01, Jul 6, 2009
  2. biggles01

Wickfut

have you tried the ribbon cables or even a new transport mech ?

there is a guy on headfi who fixes them in the USA , I've spoke to him a few times when I had my E5. Search the large Esound thread there and you'll see him sooner or later.

Wickfut, Jul 6, 2009
  3. biggles01

biggles01

I've had a friend check the cables and he says they are ok. There is no power to the transport apparently so I haven't replaced it.

biggles01, Jul 6, 2009
  4. biggles01

zanash

its a very cheap yammie transport [I believe] contact zg member jimbo and find out where he got his repaired ....

alternatively find out the transport part number and get one from dalblani.com for about £15

zanash, Jul 7, 2009
Ask a Question