European power distribution blocks

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by SteveC, Dec 9, 2003.

1. SteveC

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

Hi -

Can anyone recommend European-style 2-pin-and- earth type CEE7 Schuko distribution blocks? For instance, is this one supplied from Sweden OK? I'd prefer more than 6 outlets but a couple of these would do. The price is well over 100 euros each so I don't just want to pay out to see if they are any good. I'm looking for basic good quality, no special shielding or conditioning. Most of my system is Linn, consequently with SMPS, but I do use one or two sources that might be more susceptible to power quality, for all I know.

TIA

SteveC, Dec 9, 2003
  2. SteveC

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Steve, the Audusa are pretty fair, they do work well, but I think they are more than 100 euros sir. Wm

wadia-miester, Dec 9, 2003
  3. SteveC

Thanks for the reminder - I suppose it's this you mean - down the page there are 8-way European blocks for £229. I could live with that, though it would be good to find a supplier that would export and deduct VAT.

SteveC, Dec 9, 2003
  4. SteveC

Steve, r u in the EU?, if not no vat on export to countries out the union :) Wm

5. SteveC

michaelab desafinado

Steve - check out the Olson SoundFantastic blocks:

http://www.soundfantastic.co.uk/

...they are excellent, pretty cheap and are available in Schuko versions which cost the same as the UK ones (I have 6 way and 4 way Schukos). WM himself used them before moving onto bigger and better things ;)

Tone - Steve's in Norway which isn't part of the EU :)

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 9, 2003
  6. SteveC

Mike I still use the Oslen block on the Digital side, however I have no SWPS's Steve is correct in wanting to use Hard wired units :) Plug here, we have a unit undergoing testing at the moment, .V promising too. Wm

7. SteveC

Steven Toy

I think for trade purposes Norway is in the EU or EEA or whatever it's called.

Steven Toy, Dec 9, 2003
  8. SteveC

michaelab desafinado

Norway is in the EEA (European Economic Area) but I'm not quite sure what that means. It's definitely not a member of the EU and as such imports from the EU (or anywhere else) are subject to local VAT which is why ideally Steve would need somewhere that would deduct the VAT before sending so he doesn't have to pay it twice. EEA membership may mean he doesn't have to pay customs duties.

In between EU countries, it's accepted that you buy things VAT paid so you pay whatever the rate is in the origin country (which may well be lower than in your country).

Michael.

michaelab, Dec 9, 2003
  9. SteveC

That's right - I don't want to pay our 24% VAT on top of UK VAT! We are in the Schengen area.

By the way: prize for the most pathetic excuse goes to Linn Records: we are a worldwide organization so everybody pays the same price.

That's to say they make everyone pay VAT on their mail-order records whether they are actually liable for it or not. Naturally, I have stopped ordering from them!

SteveC, Dec 9, 2003
  10. SteveC

adam

Thanxs Michael,I didn't know olson did a schuko version,i'll need to have a look at that.

adam, Dec 9, 2003
Ask a Question