every home should have one

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by johnhunt, Jan 14, 2005.

1. johnhunt

johnhunt recidivist

2. johnhunt

MartinC Trainee tea boy

Interesting to see AED's being sold on Amazon; I doubt they'll be on the UK site in the near future mind! If you have the cash, and know what you're doing (not hard) then having one is a good idea.

I like the section in the description that points out that "You cannot use the HeartStart to treat yourself." :lol: Also, pointing out you may need to perform CPR is somewhat worrying; having one and not knowing CPR would be a very bad plan / waste of cash.

MartinC, Jan 14, 2005
  3. johnhunt

penance Arrogant Cock

Martin,
    The machine decides wether defibulation is required via the sensor pads, so in theory it cant be messed up.
    Apparently easy to use by untrained bods.

penance, Jan 14, 2005
  4. johnhunt

MartinC Trainee tea boy

I have a very good idea what they do Andy ;) . It is still just possible to do something silly with one though, the most obvious being giving an electric shock to the rescuer, so a little training is a good idea. You're right though, the voice commands are very simple, and tell you everything step by step. To be of any benefit, you also need the rescuer to be proficient at CPR, which really requires regular retraining.

MartinC, Jan 14, 2005
Ask a Question