Exposure 2010 / Cyrus 8 amp

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rockhopper, Oct 13, 2005.

1. rockhopper

rockhopper

Has anybody heard both of the above integrated amps? Having discovered that the power amp I was looking at has only one set of inputs, I am now thinking of going for a 2nd hand integrated amp.

I know the Cyus 8 retails at £800 ish, so by rights it should be a lot better than the Exposure.

Can anybody please post their opinions of these amps, both in stereo and as part of an AV setup.

Thanks

rockhopper, Oct 13, 2005
  2. rockhopper

GAZZ

IMO the cyrus is a bit boring or safe, while the exposure is a cracking amp opersite though may be a bit light on bass. The other amp you could try would be the Rotel 1062.

GAZZ, Oct 13, 2005
  3. rockhopper

Mr Perceptive

rockhopper

You will be back to the situation where the volume needs to be set on the integrated for AV duty unless there is a unity gain input.

Most if not all power amps have only a single input.

I still stand by my comments in your last thread, sell the Yamaha AV Receive, buy an Arcam AVR200 (s/h £350) and at a later date add an additional power amp for the L-R pair. If you don't like the Arcam after a few months you can sell it and you will virtually get your money back.

Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive, Oct 13, 2005
  4. rockhopper

rockhopper

hmm, you seem pretty adamant this is the way to go... I have thought about the Arcam, but if I sell my Yamaha, i'll lose a fair whack.

I paid £300 (which may not seem a lot to some) and I will probably be lucky to get £150.

I'm sure the Arcam will be a step up, but i'm quite happy with the Yamaha for now. The surround effects steering seem accurate and very good, its just that it doesnt sound as good quality at low volumes - this is where the exposures would help I think. With the Exposure being more powerful, I think it would still sound great at low volumes, which is what I need.

rockhopper, Oct 13, 2005
  5. rockhopper

Mr Perceptive

rockhopper

You are STILL missing the point, you are buying into a system package, a better power amp on the back of the Yamaha will give you more of the same, it is the Yamaha that is your system problem, it is the bottleneck in the system and it is compromising the sound quality at low volumes.

Do yourself a favour, go to an Arcam dealer and have a demo of an AVR300 (ok its £1100), but it will give you a tase of the Arcam sound, then if you like it invest in an AVR200 (it was £800+ when new)

Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive, Oct 13, 2005
  6. rockhopper

mr cat Member of the month

or have a demo of mine - your av amp will plug directly into the nad - no messing with the volume remotes etc - mearly just the av remote and top stereo sound to boot....

I don't know of any other stereo amp allows this, but I'm sure other people will tho...

mr cat, Oct 13, 2005
  7. rockhopper

witters

I have a Cyrus 8 and have had the Exposure in the past. IMHO the Cyrus is way better from a detail and control aspect. The Exposure is in your face, depends which you like I guess.
    The Cyrus has an AV processor loop. When AV is selected it acts as a power amp and the volume is controlled though your AV unit.

witters, Oct 13, 2005
Ask a Question