exposure upgrade advice please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by madscientist, Oct 14, 2008.

1. madscientist

madscientist

Hi Guys

I am currently running an Exposure super XV integrated amp, which i like a lot. My question is..would it be a worthwhile upgrade to go for an Exposure pre-amp/power amp combo? If so, which ones would you recommend taking into account i definately want the integral phono stage (which is very good in the super XV)? Any advice gratefully received
    cheers

paul

madscientist, Oct 14, 2008
  2. madscientist

spica

Hi there.. .

I have an Exposure XX that i give sunlight to when comparing it to other integrated amps that i come across, there is certainly "something" good about it, otherwise i would have passed it on, so perhaps i keep it as a decent benchmark to judge other's by, the margin of better than the Exp.. to be at least thirst quenching. My favourite Exposure beater was a Trio KA 8004, a stunning weighty and rare beast from the early 70's, that was enlightening, as for a pre/power combo, a friend of a friend of a friend moved a message along some 4 years ago now, in offer of a Vll and Vlll (memory check-/+) and small amount of cash in exchange for my Expxx, he had compared somehow and wanted the integrated, of course, i declined, not because i had compared them, or cared, just that, there being so many amps, and so many surprises to be had, i guess i'm not brand faithful and similarly same.
    Good Luck :)

spica, Oct 15, 2008
Ask a Question