Extended Essential Mix this coming weekend

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Larkin, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Larkin

Larkin

This Saturday night Sunday morning (9th/10th August) there is going to be what is essentially a 5 hour Essential Mix!

At Eden from midnight with Judge Jules & Fergie, Paul Oakenfold & Tiesto pre-recorded from Cream at Amnesia

Essential Mix from Amnesia & Eden 2-5am
    Jules, Fergie, Paul Oakenfold & Tiesto

Worth a listen, I think, if I can keep awake! Better to let the recorder do the listening. :D

Does anyone else listen to the Essential Mixes?

Other info at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/ibiza2003/schedule.shtml

Larkin, Aug 5, 2003
  2. Larkin

sg[uk]

i schedule my pc to record any essential mixes i'm interested in (when i remember!), weekends are usually pretty hectic so i miss some stuff

best essential mixes i've heard this year go to adam freeland, plump djs and yoda & greenpeace (absolutely bloody hilarious!), there was also a really good mix from paul jackson at the start of the year as well

i try to take the time to keep an eye on r1's site to see whos coming up on essential, worldwide, one world, annie nightingale and breezeblock. breezeblock's looking good for tonight with dj zinc and in a couple of weeks it's andy c vs peshay!!! drum and bass heaven! just noticied that i've missed stanton warriors on annie nightingale tho! :(

definitely worth keeping an eye on radio1 in the evenings, good music and free too! 1xtra do a couple of decent live broadcasts and recordings of live events but I always seem to miss them

btw. just got back from rome where the radio is completely mad and brilliant! they have 3 or 4 dance stations that play a bit of everything but mostly house (heard some great stuff i've never heard before) all day! i tagged along with a mate who was dj'ing over there and got the chance to check out mondo radio which broadcasts legally thru rome and lazio, it's something i wont forget. italians are completely nuts

they're a group of friends operating a 24/7 station in a flat with a couple of computers, a small mixer, 2 decks, 2 cdjs, a mic and a telephone! still, it sounds great on air. i'm sure the broadcasting regulations are a lot looser there, does anyone know what kind of money and influence it takes to get a license to broadcast locally here in blighty?

sg[uk], Aug 5, 2003
  3. Larkin

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Hmm - let's go to Rome - if they're playing house, there's GOT to be some psy-trance around too :)

Perfect excuse to leave the radio on on the main rig while I unpack all the final bits after fully moving into Exeter - that'll help soften the blows of thinking about some of the best mates I've ever had...

Nice one on the heads up there :)

domfjbrown, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Larkin

sg[uk]

just moved to exeter? i'm just down the road in sunny (scummy) old dawlish. dunno where you've come down from but im willing to be it's gonna be a bit more lively than exeter ;)

there are the odd few nites depending on what you're into. the wait between decent stuff can be a bit long tho. bukem turns up occasionally in timepiece and was in the lemon grove (student place) a coupla months ago. looks like youve already missed the best nite in ages at the pheonix a few weeks ago - dunno whats on in the future as i've been away and haven't been into town for a while

plymouth gets some good stuff fairly regular, best place is the student union! seen loads of top d&b there and the drinks are cheaper than chips (especially compared to rome - ~£7 for less than a half pint in the clubs!!) legends of the dark black is definitely worth checking when it's in plymouth as well

if u hear of any good stuff going on in exeter let me know! first chance u get head down the quay and visit warehouse and boxes to truly get into the exeter spirit ;)

(dont really it's shite)

sg[uk], Aug 5, 2003
Ask a Question