Extra short interconnects?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by MrBeez, Aug 29, 2007.

1. MrBeez

MrBeez

I've got my integrated amp + cd player on a short shelf, with only a few centimetres between the back panels of my gear and the wall, which means curling up the interconnects in a roll, and yet they're still peaking out the sides...

the 3-4 audio/electronics shops in my town don't stock anything shorter than half a metre. can anyone recommend a north american web shop that might stock something shorter?

my cd outs and amp ins are only about 7 centimetres away from each other, so the shorter the better! i'd rather not roll my own.

thanks!

(i'm assuming there's nothing electronically or acoustically harmful about going below the 0.5 barrier....)

MrBeez, Aug 29, 2007
  2. MrBeez

zanash

if you can't find anything local to you ..pm me

No the shorter the better as the cable has less chance to affect the sound signal.

Your normally limited to the flexibility of the materials used.

Are you able to solder ?

zanash, Aug 29, 2007
  3. MrBeez

Effem Cable manufacturer

Effem, Aug 29, 2007
  4. MrBeez

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I made two pairs of ultra-short ICs when I had a similar setup. Both very simple twisted pairs, one ultra-thin, one ultra-thick. I'm now using long balanced ICs to monoblocks, so they're going spare if you're interested.

I-S, Aug 29, 2007
  5. MrBeez

zanash

that good advice .....if you can build them yourself you'll put a smile on your face and wallet !

zanash, Aug 29, 2007
Ask a Question