fadel art

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by amir, Jan 9, 2005.

1. amir

amir

do you know about fadel art products?

amir, Jan 9, 2005
  2. amir

Tom Alves

No

Tom Alves, Jan 9, 2005
  3. amir

Sgt Rock

Sgt Rock, Jan 9, 2005
  4. amir

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Titian is a user of the cables I believe, I'm not sure which ones he's currently using.

wadia-miester, Jan 9, 2005
  5. amir

titian

Yes, I know about fadel Art.
    I first had the Reference one and hen went for the Coherence.
    For the satellites I have a special version of the Goldline speaker system.

Amir,
    do you have any particular question?

titian, Jan 9, 2005
  6. amir

amir

yes
    i want to buy this cable if i upgrade my player to Mark Levinson 390S.
    XLR interconnects and speaker cable, do you think these cables are realy good in it's price range?
    now i use monster M950i and M1.2s with my system.

amir, Jan 10, 2005
  7. amir

titian

Which Fadel cable do you want to buy? He has several models from $x00 to $x000 per meter.
    Generally speaking Fadel is not cheap. I wouldn't buy a cable of his without trying it first. Concerning the lower models I could believe that they are other companies which are cheaper for the same sound but again trying is the only way to find out.

ps: why aren't you happy with the monster?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2005
    titian, Jan 10, 2005
  8. amir

amir

no problem by interconnects but i think speaker cable could be better in bass area

amir, Jan 10, 2005
  9. amir

titian

Which speaker cables of Fadel you were thinking to buy?

titian, Jan 10, 2005
  10. amir

amir

Coherence SC One Duo

amir, Jan 10, 2005
  11. amir

titian

Good ones!
    The Coherence series work much better when used throughout the hifi system.
    If you have the possibility to test them at home see if you can compare them with other good cables. I heard that Tone makes good ones why not contact him.
    I wonder if it is not better to invest the money for the Coherence to upgrade some of your hardware. I don't know what you have as preamp, amp or loudspeakers but the best improvement in sound quality you get in upgrading your components rather than cables. Especially when the cables cost so much! Maybe the best improvement you can get is by optimizing the acoustics of your listening room!

titian, Jan 11, 2005
  12. amir

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

To be honest I doubt you will realy notice much difference, the money will be better spent on tweaks to make sure the speakers are well supported and are positioned properly. If you have already done this then perhaps consider a cable upgrade.

Make sure the speakers are 100% level and are at the perfect listening height, perhaps trying toeing in them a little, this will cost nothing and can be a really could upgrade, I played about with my speakers positioning the other day and it improved the bass quite some what. (PS I actually moved them further away from the wall too).

amazingtrade, Jan 11, 2005
  13. amir

amir

i tested my system with different cables and i spend many times to finding best place for my speakers but now i think my speaker cable should change.
    i should say dynaudio audience 82 is so current hungry (more than you think) and it need huge current flow to drive. even my krell kav 300iL could not drive it easily at medium to high levels in some tracks like diana krall (THE GIRLS IN THE OTHER ROOM) and i tested it with krell kav 2250, 2250 drived it but it's not logical spending 4000$ for one 2000$ speaker. now i think changing speaker cable clearly will improve sound. my room acoustics is good (W 4.5m L 8.5m H 3.0m), i think acoustics have no problem.

amir, Jan 12, 2005
  14. amir

penance Arrogant Cock

I doubt the cable is stopping current delivery.

penance, Jan 12, 2005
  15. amir

ErikfH

Amir,

The speaker/amp price ratio you're implying seems to prove justification for the changes you're next looking for.

I've been using Dynaudio for the last six years and after more then five years of agonizing (and being aware of their current unfriendly character all the time of course) I took the "power amp can cost double the price of the speaker set" plunge and it solved the problems relate before to cabling/room acoustics etc.

Did you notice any improvements in the bass response with the bigger Krells?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2005
    ErikfH, Jan 12, 2005
  16. amir

amir

for once i listened 2250 beside 300iL and there was no difference in overal sonic character but there was more control in bass area but system tested with my monster cables and i didnot tested 2250 with a good speaker cable like transparent. i guess 2250 can drive my dyns with a good player like levinson.

amir, Jan 12, 2005
  17. amir

penance Arrogant Cock

levinson = good:confused:

amir, that doesnt explain why you think your cable is stopping the amp driving the speakers.

penance, Jan 12, 2005
  18. amir

amir

i tested my cables in uncommon mode. i connected amp to speaker "+" connector with my monster m1.2s then for "-" section i connected another monster m1.2s. this mean current flows to my speaker from one cable then it return from another cable, in this test bass had more definition and high were more natural. i think monster cannot transfer this amount of energy correctly.

amir, Jan 12, 2005
  19. amir

titian

amir,
    if you definitively think speaker cables are next to have in your system then the Fadel Coherence SC One Duo are certainly great (if you can afford them).
    If you get them consider also to get the Coherence IC in the future because it is very usuefull to have the same philosophy throughout your system.

titian, Jan 12, 2005
  20. amir

amir

thanks titan
    my dealer recommend me one transparent ultra speaker cable, do you recommend me it?

amir, Jan 12, 2005
Ask a Question