fantastic 4

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bottleneck, Jul 25, 2005.

1. bottleneck

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

First thing to say is that I went to see it with my son - and thought that other parents with kids will be taken to see it, whether or not its something they'd choose to see on their own.

The good news is - its not that bad !!

I was expecting something as lame as power rangers, or the Thunderbirds movie - that was a truly dire one.

If you have kids that are 6-10 they will probably love it, as an adult it wasn't bad at all, a bit like a batman film or something.

The odd funny bit too, like when 'mr fantastic' uses his stretchy long arms to fetch a spare loo roll when he runs out of it on the toilet - a useful superpower!

for 6+ kids 9/10, for adults 6/10

bottleneck, Jul 25, 2005
  2. bottleneck

Joe

I used to love Fantastic Four comics when I were a nipper, but my two are way past that sort of film now.

The worst film I ever saw was 'Scooby-Doo The Movie'. I've never known time pass so slowly when not actually listening to Herbie Hancock.

Joe, Jul 25, 2005
  3. bottleneck

Cloth-Ears

If I had a special power I'd like to will people to piss or shit themselves. Imagine the fun you could have with that. Maybe a boss you don't like on his way to have words with you. A cop stopped you for speeding. A hundred people in front of you in a queue for a rollercoaster. :devil:

Cloth-Ears, Jul 25, 2005
  4. bottleneck

griffo104

Went to see this and didn't think it was as bad as the reviews made it out to be. Not in the same class as X-men or Spiderman but still enjoyable.

However - too many children in the cinema and drove me up the wall. Been a long time since I made the mistake of seeing a film during the school hols.

griffo104, Aug 4, 2005
  5. bottleneck

Will The Lucky One

Will probably go and see it for Jessica Alba alone :spank: (where's the drool smiley?)

Will, Aug 4, 2005
  6. bottleneck

julian2002 Muper Soderator

too much angst and not enough action. the 1st half of 'the hulk' was the same but there was no equivalent of the us military getting it's arse kicked in fantastic 4 just a 5 minute slapped together sequence the climax of which was a lame geek quip from stretch armstrong or whatever his name is.
    the girlie was hot though - although why SHE had to strip down to get through the police cordon while the other 2 seemingly just walked through i couldn;t figure out - still the underwear was nice enough :D and she seemed to put her clothes back on in double quick time too. a step backwards for the comic to film genre imho.
    cheers

julian.

julian2002, Aug 4, 2005
  7. bottleneck

griffo104

Always difficult as they have to describe the origins of their power.

I also enjoyed the Hulk - may be it's the fact I wanted these films a kid and they appear to be coming through now could be why I enjoy them - about 20 years too late

griffo104, Aug 4, 2005
  8. bottleneck

Cloth-Ears

Jessica Alba, yes, she does give us the horn doesn't she?

Cloth-Ears, Aug 4, 2005
Ask a Question