fao penance

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by rob, Oct 28, 2003.

1. rob

rob SCHMOOOOKIN

hey bud,
    sorry i dident get back to you sooner with regards to the cables.well what can i say? i hard wired the amp , cdp and tuner.

the cd player did take to it quite well. it still sounds like a cd player but it defo cleared up the sound a wee bit. less colour (if thats the right expression for a cleaner sound).

i think the amp though reeped the most benefits. (this was the first to be modded). again the sound was a lot cleaner and a very pleasing , listenable sound was the result.

the tuner on the other hand dident (from what i can hear) change at all. however i dont listen to the radio that much anyways.

so all in all i would say the new cables has defo made my system a lot more pleasing to listen to. i had just added some new silver anneversary speaker cable and that took frikken ages to burn in properly and when i added the mains cables it was on the tail end of the speaker cable burn in process so everything just seemed to fall into place quite nicley.

its nice cos ive gotten to the point when i can sit back and enjoy the music rather than sit back and think about how i can improve the sound.i recon now after i upgrade to a new tt cartridge i will be listening to my system a lot more other than sitting here brousing e bay and hi fi shops for my next upgrade.

anyways i wont go on, in fact im off for a dooby n a listen.

so thanks for the cables m8 n i will defo never slag off mains upgrades again.(i have been guilty of such things in the past) .

Rob.

rob, Oct 28, 2003
  2. rob

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Sounds good rob :D

And what were these magical cables?

Cheers

MO (one mains cable sceptic[though with an open mind], to a previous one)

MO!, Oct 28, 2003
  3. rob

penance Arrogant Cock

glad it worked out good Rob.
    For fairly basic cable they work OK

MO, it was some CY 3 core cable, Rob had to add plugs etc..

penance, Oct 28, 2003
Ask a Question