Fao S&M

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Dev, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Dev

Dev Moderator

Dev, Sep 24, 2007
  2. Dev

indolent

The FT says that sources say the circumstances allowing the clause that KKR are using to drop out of the deal doesnt have a basis in fact (that has come to light).

Its more probable that with the general economic downturn KKR (the buyer) is having to spend more at the offer price and the cost of financing the deal makes it less attractive. As a result they are using contractual terms to extricate themselves.

If Harman was stable before - Shouldnt make any difference unless you are a shareholder (the stock price is falling). Customers shouldnt see any difference (excluding glum employees who arent going to get a big payout from their share schemes).

Anyone know if Harman Intl is a solid business ????.

Either way a good opportunity for them to pick themselves up take a long hard look in the mirror and make sure they have excellent products at attractive prices in their markets.

indolent, Sep 24, 2007
  3. Dev

Stereo Mic

Poor old Sidney. Gina is only in her 50's and fancies a retirement property at Malibu. Now they will either have to sell at a lower price, or do some work!

Still the business was fine before and I can't see it having any problems going forward. It's only the Harman family estate that will suffer.

Shame as a JBL liquidation sale could be fun.

Stereo Mic, Sep 24, 2007
  4. Dev

Dev Moderator

My thoughts were that if a venture capitalist buys it, the Harman group might be split up. If that happens in the long term what will happen to the JBL Altec Lansing etc names? I hate seeing Altec Lansing on PC speakers for example and I can only see these names being expolited further.

Dev, Sep 24, 2007
  5. Dev

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I hate seeing Altec on computer speakers too Dev, does my nut.

At least VOTTs are still available for those who want them.

bottleneck, Sep 24, 2007
Ask a Question