Farty Speeks

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Heavymental, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Heavymental

Heavymental

Right come on whats going on now....all set up....all my long researched purchases on the shelf (A400gte and EPOS ES11) and my left speaker is farting and flapping when you knock the volume up a bit....not to unreasonable sound levels, probably a little above normal but well in the zone you hit when you fancy a bit of volume. Doesn't do it on all tracks, tried it on straight bass and its seems ok. Its just when theres a bit going on in a tune. Why is this!? I can't see any problem with the driver and I'm sure it should be able to cope with a bit of cranking up. Its fkin annoying! :mad:

Heavymental, Mar 5, 2004
  2. Heavymental

Tenson Moderator

Swap the speakers round. If it is still in the same channel then it must be the amp.

Tenson, Mar 5, 2004
  3. Heavymental

quickie

Check to see if the bass driver is rubbing on the centre phase plug......

Paul.

quickie, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Heavymental

Robbo

I once owned some ES11s, and they went loud no problem. Not to headbanging levels, but loud enough.

Do the tests that have been recommended and let us know the results. If it is the speakers, I am not sure how easy it is going to be to repair them as the main driver was integrated into the front baffle and I dont think the parts are made now.

Cheers Robbo

Robbo, Mar 5, 2004
  5. Heavymental

Heavymental

right i'm off out to drown my sorrows....I'll do the tests and let you know.
    Cheers.
    HM

Heavymental, Mar 5, 2004
Ask a Question