Favourate tweeks of all time.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ADPully, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADPully

RobHolt Moderator

You should call that person a plonker - because they are!
    Why is this so difficult to grasp?

RobHolt, Sep 2, 2007
  2. ADPully

Jimbo

Stereo mic is just an abusive and abhorrent person who wont try things for himself and then has the gaul to call others who have ,twats and prats. So give them a go and use your own scientific equipment because we have the best equipment that science can never compete with, and that is our ears and the brain which processes it.

To call someones cables wanky is a bit childish which i think is what you are sir, as the cables in question are in great demand so i have heard. Jim

Jimbo, Sep 2, 2007
  3. ADPully

Stereo Mic

Jim,

the demand for cables is controlled primarily by the sales and marketing team - not by some mystic guru with soldering irons for fingers. Sorry to shatter the illusion.

As for the rest of your waffle there are enough people on this board who know that I have probably tried considerably more hifi than most and am therefore able to form an opinion not born out of ignorance - unlike many it would seem.

Stereo Mic, Sep 2, 2007
  4. ADPully

cooky1257

So Mike, if my mum who is shortsighted is given some specs that allow her to see clearly the fact that she is unable to explain how lenses and refractive index of glass refocuses the image better on her retina-makes her an idiot then or is purely imagining the effect?
    This rationale is pompous idiocy of the highest order and the argument of intelectual cowardice-if you dispute the sincere non dogmatic though subjective observations of other audio enthusiasts(audo is recreational pastime not a scientific endeavour after all)tis for you to disprove them not the other way round. I don't like custard but love bananas by the way, would you like a scientifically based explanation why?

cooky1257, Sep 2, 2007
  5. ADPully

melorib Lowrider

So all of a sudden experience becomes important, what happened to science, and why others experiences are not valid, as you think yours is supposed to be... :confused:

melorib, Sep 2, 2007
  6. ADPully

RobHolt Moderator

No, scientific fact exists to explain why your Mother is able to see clearly when wearing her spectacles. If she or anyone else is interested they can research these facts for themselves.

The same cannot be said for the effects of hand cream on CDs, the power of blue leds or fancy cable constructions.

RobHolt, Sep 2, 2007
  7. ADPully

Jimbo

Totaly misguided and confused as the majority of your posts. Some of your rantings are now laughable as you are now Zerogains Guru of knowledge and other must bow to your superiority. Wake up. Sorry to shatter your dream. Jim.

Jimbo, Sep 2, 2007
  8. ADPully

Echoance

Can someone please tell me why aftermarket 'feet' are sold/used in 3's rather than 4's? Just a brief sentence in lay terms is fine; I'm not a physicist! :)

Cheers, neill

Oh, and what the hell's a CD lathe? Is it, as it sounds, something that cuts CD's? Yikes!

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2007
    Echoance, Sep 2, 2007
  9. ADPully

cooky1257

True to a point, but that not withstanding, it doesn't give Mike/romy etc the right to abuse my 'mum' if she were to post the 'effect' of her specs.
    To illustrate this further I would no more demand of Mike a scientific reason for his choice of amp, deck, speaker combination (the operative word here) as it is beyond quantifyable.

I'm firmly of the sceptical camp (Placebo's have been proven to work in medicin ffs.:confused:)but know which dac cable I've chosen after much listening, is for me.
    I no more have to justify this choice than I have to quantify why-to anyone but I can anecdotaly and subjectively offer my experience and choice as a potential option for other members-otherwise discourse is dead and so is the forum as a free exchange of information/opinion/experience.
    The attitude of some posters, after trawling through is often to bully and stifle that.
    A situation where I can't help think they'd be better off blogging instead..

cooky1257, Sep 2, 2007
  10. ADPully

sastusbulbas

I am currently using large Cerwin Vega V-152 speakers, I have put slabs on top and I am sure this makes an improvement, but I think the Vanne Damme 1.5 cable I have hooked up to the Nuetriks is pish :D some 4mm core cable will make everything sound better won't it?

sastusbulbas, Sep 2, 2007
  11. ADPully

Jimbo

Hi welcome i think its just if your shelf or platform is slightly out of level it prevents any wobble. Its like the three legged stool against the four legged one. Jim.

Jimbo, Sep 2, 2007
  12. ADPully

Jimbo

Oh the cd lathe trims the edge slightly. Thats another debate that could open a can of worms. Standby for some more flac. Jim.

Jimbo, Sep 2, 2007
  13. ADPully

sastusbulbas

I think the laith sound like a reasonable tweak, though the price is questionable?

sastusbulbas, Sep 2, 2007
  14. ADPully

RobHolt Moderator

Agreed.

RobHolt, Sep 2, 2007
  15. ADPully

DavidF

Right Neil,

AS some one said ....this note is oen to oposition as I know full well it is....Mike, bear with me mate, this stuff sounds good to me so perhaps the thing to do is to let Neil decide.....

ie I know you are agaisnt this stuff.

Firstly the lathe.

I'm sure pete (zanash) will give a far better account of what it does but basically it trims a very little (accurately) off the edge of the cd. This is said to balance the cd better when it is spinning in the cd player.

The treatment is open to critiscism. That is there are those who belive that a) it has no effect whetsoever and b) it is eventually going to be murderation onyour cds. I had a few (selected ) cds trearted this way, the mprovements (perseived!) were such that the vast majority if now lathed. I don't know how many tht is.....100/200 or so......Pete? If hte worst come stot he worst they have to be replaced...but no probs yet.

The improvements for me were vastly improved soundsage, +dynamics.

Secondly, my pet subject, vibration management. I repeat, this is a controversial subject and there are one or two very bright people out there who think (believe) this is nonscence.........you decide. :)

The theory is that (breifly) an audio system is subject to two main sources of (undesirable) vibrations.....that is the energy from the loudspeakers, and the cd players own motor. I use cones and ball bearings in order to (I hope) drain vibration away from the cd player.......also to isolate the equipment from external souces.

Hope this helps!

David

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2007
    DavidF, Sep 2, 2007
  16. ADPully

DavidF

I think soem one hs already done this but.....three are easier to balance than four!!

DavidF, Sep 2, 2007
  17. ADPully

Stereo Mic

WTF?

What I am correcting with suitable rudeness is the equivalent of your mother taking off her prescription spectacles and telling the world she can see more clearly. All the scientific evidence would point to her being barking and I would be perfectly within my rights to point that out.

After making your totally erronious point, you then go on a bambastic rant about my tone, when your response clearly indicates you don't seem to have understood a word of what I'm saying. So you don't understand it but you know it's offensive? OK. Blind faith helps some.

Stereo Mic, Sep 2, 2007
  18. ADPully

Stereo Mic

Another idiotic post. The previous poster claimed I had never tried the snake oil I now actively deride. I made the point that I had.

As for science - try learning a little - then you might realise most of what is being posted by a group of you is bloody insulting and moronic.

Stereo Mic, Sep 2, 2007
  19. ADPully

Stereo Mic

Utterly vaccuous.

You are the one making claims for cables. Provide something to back it up or stop wasting bandwidth and misleading the public. That's the message. Prove me wrong and I'll look a fool and have to apologise. Keep trying to discredit my posts by personal insults and dismissal, and it's you that ends up looking like an idiot not me.

I'll make it simple. Facts - you win. Insults - you lose.

Stereo Mic, Sep 2, 2007
  20. ADPully

lordsummit moderate mod

I'm locking this thread now, I can't be bothered going through it, lifes to short. I suspect we should have put it out of it's misery days ago

lordsummit, Sep 2, 2007
Ask a Question