Fed up of hearing.....

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tim F, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Tim F

Tim F

Well not so much a rant but a comment. I have been digging around the high end for a while reading reviews etc. and I'm coming across a frightingly common statement... "This is the best *whatever* that I've ever heard".

Not sure who really believes this but no doubt these reviewers are not using the same equipment all the time and even if they are, how much time passes before they decide it's better than x component? I think I adjust to the sound of my stereo, assuming it's not screaching trebble at me, or bass is all over the place (you know the big problems which are obvious). I get used to the sound and begin to enjoy it. My current Croft \ Bluenote setup is great but doesn't image as much as my main setup or do the really deep bass. I suspect if I lived with this for a while (and this only), I'd decide that this was one of the best ever systems, simply because I spent time enjoying the sound.....

No more "best ever's" please!

Tim

Tim F, Jan 22, 2005
Ask a Question