Fight fans

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Heavymental, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Heavymental

Heavymental

Anyone see the Calzaghe v Lacy fight on Saturday night. Amazing fight. One of the best performances I've ever seen I think. Lacy completely outclassed. Was so psyched afterwards I went and did 53 miles on the bike!:eek:

Heavymental, Mar 6, 2006
  2. Heavymental

greg Its a G thing

I was keenly anticipating it, but didnt see it. From what I read Joe utterly defied many of his critics (including Carl Froch which surprised me), most of which seemed to agree he had a) avoided proper challengers and b) was past his best. Fantastic to see these myths shattered. Hopefully this will put into perspective the quality of British talent in and around this division.

greg, Mar 6, 2006
  3. Heavymental

rockhopper

Yeah great fight!

As much slating as Lacy got though, there are'nt many who could take such a pummeling, and still be on their feet:eek: Gotta give the guy credit for that.

Strangely (being British), I was kinda hoping for Lacy to come back a bit towards the end. I was just thinking, if he caught him just once hard, he would send Calzagagahehegaga flying!

Still glad he won though obviously.

rockhopper, Mar 6, 2006
  4. Heavymental

GAZZ

I made a nice sum on Calzaghe, IMO he is the most under rated boxer well until Sunday morning. I have never seen such a one way title fight where the favourite was completly out boxed.

GAZZ, Mar 6, 2006
  5. Heavymental

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I worked while the fight was on, but we had it on the screens. He's kind of a local lad, so a passionate following. I managed to catch bits of the fight and he looked class.

"GWAN JOE!!!"

MO!, Mar 6, 2006
  6. Heavymental

Sid and Coke

I missed that one, but did see that 12 round cruiser fight later on. ( Enzo Maccarinelli v Mark Hoson ).
    What a battle ! They must have been hurting the next day, they were big, big punches and lots of right on the button. Shows how tough they both were to ride out the storm and soak em up.

Sid and Coke, Mar 6, 2006
  7. Heavymental

Heavymental

Yep that was a good fight. Khan was pretty good the other week aswell. Certainly some quality fighters in the UK at the moment. Shame we don't have a real quality heavyweight.

Heavymental, Mar 6, 2006
  8. Heavymental

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Indeed! Again, watched only bits of this while working, but he looked very impressive. The speed and accuracy left the other guy with no chance. Even as he tried to MOve away Khan was still landing 3 or 4 punches with great accuracy.

MO!, Mar 6, 2006
Ask a Question