Finally got my business phone

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Dec 16, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

My phone came today

http://www.grandstream.com/y-bt100.htm

It took me an hour to setup as I had to make a few adaptions as I have a cheap router. So far it seems to be working fine though, the voice is as good as landline and it has caller ID built in.

For £0 a month I can recieve business calls to the 0845, all I have to pay is outward calls.

The phone cost me £46 but a normal phone would cost £20 and I would have to pay £20 a month in bills.

If this turns out to be reliable then voice over IP is the way forward. I am using sipgate because unlike other providers they give you a free dial in number.

The only problem is now I have a four port router and five devices so my laptop no longer has net access :mad:

amazingtrade, Dec 16, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

kennyk thecrossovernetwork.com

get a cheap hub, stick it in one port of the router and connect laptop + 1 other device to it.

job jobbed. :)

kennyk, Dec 16, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Thats what I intend to do its just another expense. I assume I will need a switch as a dumb hub would cause problems wouldn't it?

amazingtrade, Dec 16, 2005
Ask a Question