Finally got the Fiesta running perfectly - no thanks to garages

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Aug 12, 2008.

1. amazingtrade

robert_cyrus

well, i hope not, because the brakes have just been done. if the light flickers again i'll go see the mechanic. thanks.

robert_cyrus, Sep 1, 2008
  2. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

From the link I gave earlier, I'd have thought it was

Whater the f@&k that means.

MO!, Sep 1, 2008
  3. amazingtrade

Dev Moderator

I was only guessing but after seeing your post I realised that the brake warning light doesn't have dashes around the circle but a couple of semi circles. Anyway, it was bugging me and I searched for a user manual on the 'net but only found one for Clio in Spanish :(. Assuming Renault have a standard :))) for such things here's a link to a user manual for a Scenic in English. According to Page 49, the warning comes on in conjunction with service indicator and indicates a type of service needed. However, page 51 states that light is not used :confused:.

http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/RENAULT/SCENIC 1.4 16V-_E

Dev, Sep 1, 2008
  4. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

why not mail / ring Renault...? maybe faster...

mr cat, Sep 1, 2008
  5. amazingtrade

kmac

That would be too easy Mr Cat....more fun to turn the lights out and take another stab...

kmac, Sep 1, 2008
  6. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

My Fiesta passed for four years with dodgy suspension and rusted brake pipes! The car was probably never safe, we got the suspension fixed soon after we bought the car but my machanic kept insisting the brake pipes were ok possibly poor judgement looking bad.

An up date to the Fiesta, I went to Ford to get the part nothing, I went to Halfords, nothing, in the end I went to a local car shop ansd got the some pipe made to measure, the manifold leak is now cured and it runs like a dream.

However I did get from Ford that it wasn't a valve and merely an eblow joint.

amazingtrade, Sep 2, 2008
  7. amazingtrade

lordsummit moderate mod

If it's the cambelt pre-tensioner I'd get it checked out ASAP, it'll expire with a nasty bang if the cambelt pops.

Bob could be right though, I saw a Clio on the motorway the other week parked in the central reservation with the bonnet bent back over the roof. Scary stuff.

lordsummit, Sep 2, 2008
Ask a Question