First £300 buys em

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by funkyboogalooo, Jul 1, 2004.

1. funkyboogalooo

Rosso

I cant see how anyone would want to complain, he's doing a serious deal on these. Its not fair if they dont sell on funkyboogalooo

Rosso, Jul 2, 2004
  2. funkyboogalooo

funkyboogalooo

I reckon if someone complains they arent wanting to buy them. What would they ahve to gain? I wouldnt sell them to someone if they werent decent enough to pay 1/2 the fee that paypal charges, ebay moans about and yet ebay owns paypal. Go figure. Ebay is getting like microsoft in my opinion to big for their boots and screwing everyone over with a monopoly. But thats another story. Its as simple as this. if someone buys the speakers with paypal they either pay half the fees with me or they dont get them.
    End of rant

funkyboogalooo, Jul 2, 2004
  3. funkyboogalooo

Lt Cdr Data om

i agree, I don't think ebay has the right to tell you not to charge xtra where you lost out.

I sometimes get around it and say, as postage is discounted, paypalers add a fixed charge, this is for the full postage and handling, time, petrol, etc.
    I don't think they can do anything about that...

Lt Cdr Data, Jul 2, 2004
  4. funkyboogalooo

MG_CAR

Paypal Charges

The fee that paypal charge is a sting to all the private sales.

I have seen things sell for more than the first time round if new images are use. But if the item is relisted with the same images the next day they go for a lot less .. odd. Good Luck :mana:

MG_CAR, Jul 3, 2004
  5. funkyboogalooo

funkyboogalooo

Some T**t snitched on me. See the auction for how i've updated it.

funkyboogalooo, Jul 3, 2004
  6. funkyboogalooo

MG_CAR

What did ebay say to you. :(
    Was it an email?

If they look at well over 80% of the items on ebay people still add this cost. In England.. (UK) Have you put the speakers on hififorsale.com

MG_CAR, Jul 3, 2004
  7. funkyboogalooo

GAZZ

Have you checked out postage costs?

GAZZ, Jul 3, 2004
  8. funkyboogalooo

funkyboogalooo

COPY of email from ebay. They havent ended the auction just warned me.

Recently we became aware that your eBay account has been involved in the following activity:

.Payment Surcharges - Requiring bidders to pay previously undisclosed fees after the end of an auction. The only fees that may be added to the final price of an eBay item are reasonable shipping and handling, escrow service fees, and currency exchange fees. More information about these fees can be found at this eBay policy page:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/community/png-list.html#14

Unfortunately, your auction made reference to an additional charge for foreign bidders who pay by credit card. This surcharge, which is an added cost to the buyer over and above the final sale price and shipping/handling, is not allowed under the laws of many states. This activity is also inconsistent with the Merchant Agreements established by most major credit cards.

For more information please see:

http://www-s2.visa.com/fb/merch/biz/govt/surcharge.html

http://www.mastercard.com/consumer/cust_serv.htmlrice of the item. This policy reduces the potential for confusion among bidders about the true cost of the item.

Please view our guideline page for a better understanding of our auction policies and how they affect the way you list your items:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/community/png-list.html

For information on infringing, prohibited or questionable items, please view:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/community/png-items.html

For more information on why eBay has ended an auction, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/community/png-endauction.html

Please be aware future incidents of this nature can lead to further action against your account. We value you as a member of our community and wish to continue our relationship, so we respectfully ask that you refrain from any violations of the Listing Policies or User Agreement in the future. We respectfully request that you refrain from this activity in the future to avoid the possible suspension of your eBay registration.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
    eBay International AG

As regards postage I knwo it will be £15.00 per speaker as my friend works at a place that will ship them for that for me. Insured as well.

funkyboogalooo, Jul 3, 2004
  9. funkyboogalooo

funkyboogalooo

No longer for sale

funkyboogalooo, Jul 5, 2004
  10. funkyboogalooo

batfink

do you mind if I ask why?

batfink, Jul 5, 2004
  11. funkyboogalooo

funkyboogalooo

Not at all. I realised that I was getting absolutely ridiculous offers for them. If I sold them for too little then it worked out financially that I may as well lose my deposit on my new speakers as I would be better off than giving my Epos away and having to find a lump of cash to buy the new ones. So i'm gonna hold out until someone offers me what I think they are worth. If that doesnt happen then so be it, they are a mighty fine speaker and no hardship to own.
    I have spoke to the hi-fi shop where I have put the deposit on my new kit and they are happy to keep it for a fair amount of time, that way I shall save for my new ones and buy them outright and if I dont get realistic money for my epos I shall keep them for another room. I would have taken £300 but even at that price people were offering substantially less. Its just like this country that whatever you advertise things for people automatically assume they can buy them for a lot less :confused:
    Mike

funkyboogalooo, Jul 5, 2004
Ask a Question