First time eBay scam victim

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by michaelab, Jul 2, 2004.

1. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

Exactly. It vaguely mentions being sent from "abroad" in the auction but nothing about Malaysia. The auctions are also all clearly designed to make you think you're getting something from the UK.

I've decided to leave the -ve feedback. I don't think it'll do me much harm and it won't do him any good at all if people decide to check his feedback they might get second thoughts if they see someone spotted a fake.

I've reported him to eBay for selling counterfeit goods and also reported him to Nokia. Let's see what happens.....

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 7, 2004
  2. michaelab

Hawk

Just received this email 'apparently' from ebay.... I had placed a bid on the item but was immediately outbid so left it... I havent yet worked out what went on with this one, but it has disappeared from ebay... so it looks like the item was a fake and ebay have done something about it...

The following listing:

4311600953 - NEW never used Global professional chef knives

was removed because the intellectual property rights owner notified eBay that the listing potentially infringes its copyright, trademark or other rights. Due to this claim, and the fact that the feedback system is no longer available, we strongly urge you not to complete this transaction.

You can get more information on eBay's cooperation with intellectual property rights owners at:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/confidence/programs-vero.html

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this issue.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
    eBay Inc

Hawk, Jul 7, 2004
Ask a Question