flying mole

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by 4WD, Apr 25, 2007.

1. 4WD

4WD

Anyone heard these amps?

My first impressions of the looks are: it's too small and too cheap to be any good. A contact at Bryston tell's me they are embarrasingly good and come very close to amps costing ten times as much. The reviews on the net are very impressive. Frankly for the cost I'm tempted to dig in and find out.

Any opionions welcome...

4WD, Apr 25, 2007
  2. 4WD

DaHood

I've seen the reviews too and I'm very curious too....!

DaHood, Apr 26, 2007
  3. 4WD

Gulliver

Heard one at a HiFi show, through B&W CM1 speakers.

Not an ideal setting, but on a cursory listen,I like the sound they were producing - pretty impressive.

Gulliver, Apr 26, 2007
  4. 4WD

Tenson Moderator

My impression from shows is that they are good amps for the money but not the last word. Good for bass though I think.

I actually have a DIY digital amp based on the LC Audio ZapPulse 2.3SE module that I want to sell so if anyone is looking for a top digital amp let me know! Hardly used, looking for around £200. The parts alone cost around £350. I really should get around to posting it in the ads section or on eBay.

Tenson, Apr 26, 2007
  5. 4WD

4WD

Just to let you know I ordered some stuff for the bedroom system at last. After a few demo's I decided my fave's were the new Dynaudio Focus 140. I decided to power them with the FM monoblocks and control them with a DAC1. Pretty compact, yet decent scale sound for not too much outlay.

I want to put some dynaudio Audience 42W on the wall in the baby room now! There is a cute 30w FM integrated that will go well with them :)

4WD, Apr 26, 2007
Ask a Question