FOOD in Birmingham

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Chea Johndle, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Chea Johndle

Chea Johndle Bizarre Serpent Foomaster

Chea Johndle, Sep 8, 2003
  2. Chea Johndle

Graham C

Just to respond that Doncaster was an 'appening town..

http://www.opera-restaurant.co.uk/

very nice..tho last time I lived in Donny, it also had 4 other xcellent Italian restaurants, and "Eating whole", a cracking veggie restaurant on Copley Road

Graham C, Sep 8, 2003
  3. Chea Johndle

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I am spoilt for choice in Manchester not only does the city centre have so many wonderful places but the suburbs of south manchester are also great. I live in Chorlton so I tend to eat round there when I am not in the city centre, I some times go to Didsbury as well. I've seen a few stars in my time in Chorlton and Didsbury, mainly corrie actors but I've seen Badly Drawn Boy walking down the street near me once.

As I am poor though its usualy McDonalds or Greggs for me:mad: Wetherspoons do nice meals though.

amazingtrade, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Chea Johndle

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

McD******... this is a thread about food, I thought? Wetherspoons can be excellent, although if ever in Exeter don't eat there, there's usually some nice women around, the beers OK but the food's terrible. Usually stone cold :( Every other JDW I've eaten at has been good though. Bakeries are always good for cheap food.

As for curry houses, we've got a few, the Taj Mahal on Queen Street and the Light of India being the best.

ilockyer, Sep 9, 2003
  5. Chea Johndle

mick parry stroppy old git

Chaps

Gastromonically Birmingham is the Pitts.

The only food worthy of mention is the Balti houses down the sparkbrook area. Go in for a decent curry and when you come out, your car will be sitting on 4 piles of bricks.

To be frank, Birmingham is only second to Wigan and I recommend that you avoid it like the plague.

Regards

Mick

mick parry, Sep 9, 2003
  6. Chea Johndle

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I went to Wigan once, wished I hadn't.... I have never been to Birmingham so I really cannot comment on how good or bad it is.

amazingtrade, Sep 10, 2003
Ask a Question