For fellow Ebay users

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr_Sukebe, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Chaps,

This morning, I received a second e-mail supposedly from Ebay, asking for me to check my account details by logging in (ID and password).
    Being some paranoid, this was forwarded to Ebay for confirmation as to it's authenticity.

Sure enough, it was a fake. Be aware that it even had Ebay in the account name. So please chaps, be careful out there.

Mr_Sukebe, Jul 27, 2004
  2. Mr_Sukebe

lordsummit moderate mod

There's a lot out there. I got one a couple of weeks ago that was so convincing, I only noticed the problem as I scanned the page and saw it asked me to input my card number and pin.
    Scum

lordsummit, Jul 27, 2004
  3. Mr_Sukebe

BL21DE3 aka 'Lucky'

One thing to look out for with these is that they usually don't use your EBay id in the title i.e Dear Fred_Bloggs3000 they just say dear EBay user or something similar if I remember. My mother was targeted by one of these but luckily she got me to have a look at it and I was able to determine it was fake. But I agree that the scammers are getting a lot more sophisticated.

BL21DE3, Jul 27, 2004
  4. Mr_Sukebe

Saab

I think Ebay are going to have to develop a pm system so that ALL emails are known to be scams,this is getting ridiculous

Saab, Jul 27, 2004
Ask a Question