For My Holiday

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mark67, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Mark67

Mark67

I am looking at getting a new pair of headphones to use with my Minidisc on Holiday. I will go up to £30.

Here are a few that I have seen would anyone like to comment on them? Has anyone heard any of them?

Cheers

Sennheiser PX100 Retro Headphone
    [​IMG]

Sennheiser HD457 Headphones
    [​IMG]

Sony MDR-CD380
    [​IMG]

Philips SBC HS900 Headphones

[​IMG]

If you know of any others please do tell.

Mark67, Jun 10, 2004
  2. Mark67

stumblin Kittens getting even...

I have the PX200 (closed back version of the PX100) that I use in the office. They're very good, good bass weight (in headphone terms) and pretty detailed. Also comfortable to wear for long periods.

stumblin, Jun 10, 2004
  3. Mark67

lloydsj

I've only heard the Sen PX100's in that list, and they are excellent. I actually ended up choosing the PX200's though, because they are closed backs and therefore better for public places. I got mine for 36 quid off the high street. Shop around and you'll get them for under 30 i guess.

I have been very VERY impressed with my PX200's, and thats with me comparing them to my Sony CD1700's (200 quid headphones), my Sony EX71's and my Ipod Buds (total crap).

1 more thing. You probably already know... but they are foldable into a hard plastic case which protects them perfectly. This means its no problem packing them in your suitcase, shoving them in your bag etc, without having to worry about breaking them.

lloydsj, Jun 10, 2004
Ask a Question