For Sale or Swaps: AVI S2000MC 150wpc Monoblock Power Amps

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by dc2100k, Sep 28, 2010.

1. dc2100k

dc2100k

For Sale or Swaps: AVI S2000MC 150wpc Monoblock Power Amps

For sale or swap for low power valve/transistor amplifier. These great amps date from the mid nineties and were renowned for their combination of power and neutrality in a compact, cool running package. Very fast and dynamic, but never harsh or brittle, they were often used with ATC SCM series speakers. In truth they are widely compatible with speakers from 80dB to 94dB+ as they are both powerful and very quiet. I am using a pair of Visaton B200 based OB speakers at the moment which are around 96dB and there is no noise at idle; this contrasts with my Naim 250 which hisses significantly into the Visatons. Good cosmetic condition considering their age, with only one significant scratch about 8mm long to the front panel of one amp. Otherwise it is minor age related marks – I'd rate them 7/10 for cosmetics, 10/10 for functionality. I can send photos to anyone who requires them. No boxes but I can package securely; however my preference would be for collection/meet up for obvious reasons.

I will sell these for £300 for the pair – I believe retail was around £1400 for two when they ceased production in the late '90s. However I would rather swap/part-exchange for a fine sounding low powered valve or solid state amp. I do not listen loud so having 150wpc into 96dB speakers makes little sense. I am after something a bit quirky from 3 watts upwards; valve or class-A would be good given the onset of winter. Power amp or integrated is fine, production piece or DIY considered, age unimportant but must be in good functional condition (cosmetics optional ; ).

PM me if you are interested. Kind regards, James.

dc2100k, Sep 28, 2010
Ask a Question