Free Hi-Fi CD

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by BlueMax, Sep 3, 2004.

1. BlueMax

BlueMax

Quality of CD recordings is a major bottleneck. Even recordings by big names Deutsche Grammophone, Philips and Sony are often sub standard. No matter how good is your hi-fi equipment, "garbage in is garbage out". Many lables use compression so that CDs sound better with car CD players, mini-systems and such with limited dynamic range.
    Bad news for audiophiles.

There is a free Naim CD with the HFC issue 259, out now. It is revelation. :)

Naim is having a promotion on their CDs right now. You can buy nine of their full priced CDs for £5 each from their dealers.

BlueMax, Sep 3, 2004
  2. BlueMax

Will The Lucky One

Read all about it! Not to everyones taste though it seems.

OT, Bluemax, any news on how the other 'Will' in Scotland reacted when he received a cheque for speaker cable he wasn't selling? ;) :)

Will, Sep 3, 2004
  3. BlueMax

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I-S, Sep 3, 2004
  4. BlueMax

BlueMax

Musical tastes vary of course. I am no expert but the recroding quality was excellent I thought.
    The Scottish Will was great. He sent me the stuff same day as he got my cheque. Did not even bother to clear it. :)

BlueMax, Sep 3, 2004
Ask a Question