Fs 2a3 Se Amp

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by vinylnvalves, Jun 27, 2010.

1. vinylnvalves

vinylnvalves

For sale is a 3.5 watt 2A3 SE integrated amp. It is chinese, i do not know the brand. I bought it last year, off EBay. I was originally going to tweek it, but since i have now gone to bi-amp, an integrated amp is not what i needed and i have upgraded to some 6B4G PP monoblocks , that go along side my leak 20's

It has 4 line inputs, 4 and 8 ohm speaker tappings on the transformer. The power input is either 115v or 230 v. It is quiet ( small amount of hum if i stand with my head in the front loaded horns) - so on anything less than 100db efficiency will be really quiet.

Since buying it i have done a couple of things to it. Firstly had it checked to make sure i was not going to fry myself of my speakers (clean bill of health). I changed the volume control for a stepped attenuator - original was a little noisy. I have changed the pre-amp valves which were 6J8P's to some russian metal canned equilivents. Both pre-amp tubes included - so you can decide which ones best for you

The amp is hard wired, i cannot vouch for the quality of the components, but they are easily accessable, and few in number that a "tweeker"could have a field day. It is valve rectified and has a choke in the HT smoothing circuit.

i am looking for £ 180 what i paid for it - minus 9 months service. I have a box for it - so can post, it is heavy @18 kg so will cost £20 to send. I am located just off junction 26 M1, if anybody wanted to pick it up.

You will notice this is my first post on this forum, but a number of you will recognise me from Hifi wigwam.

(Ps - only added one pic - need to work out how to make others smaller in kb's)

Attached Files:

vinylnvalves, Jun 27, 2010
  2. vinylnvalves

vinylnvalves

Additional photo's of the inside as promised.

Attached Files:

vinylnvalves, Jul 7, 2010
Ask a Question