FS 4 x TDA1541A S1 monster NOS DAC

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Captain, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Captain

Captain

For sale is a 4 x TDA1541A NOS DAC. It is a DIY project which I have put in around £1300 It is a massive DAC and very heavy as the transformers are huge. All the caps on the board have been changed for Mundorf capacitors the large ones, Oscon's and Rubycon. All the regs have been change for better ones including the 30 or so running down the back. The four TDA1541A chips are all S1's which cost around £60 each. You can see two on the top this is a floating PCB there are another two underneath. All the blue caps have been bypassed with MKP caps and a new star ground has all so been added underneath using Vishay Cap (have a look at photos to see what has been done to underside of board). As said the transformers are very large and heavy these were a custom build for about £150. A lot of tweaking was also done on the DAC boards resistors removed better value caps then those original put in. You need to read through the two links below to see how tweakable this DAC is. I have had a lot more done to this one then those two. The output stage is tube and is a lampizator design using two Russian 6H2P ER tubes. It also uses SCR Teflon foil caps, Shinkohs and Charcroft (Texas Components) Resistors. There are two lights on the front one show's when the DAC board is on the other when it gets a signal. The switch on the front also has a light on it which is red when just the DAC board is on and then blue when you switch on which shows that the tube output stage on. This way the DAC board is always on and will run well from off. There is a switch on the back to turn the whole thing off. This is a coax DAC only and uses a WBT 75 ohm RCA to connect the coax cable up, it aso ahs a Lundahl pulse transformer on the Coax in. There are two out puts so you can hook the DAC up to two amps. There is probably more but that's all I can remember at the moment. Needless to say this is an incredible sounding DAC the best I have ever heard and it does have a bit of a reputation even in stock form of being a rare classic by some DIY's. I did not build this myself I paid someone to build it for me. Brent from Fidelity Audio done a lot of work on it as well so it has been checked over and tweaked by a professional so is 100% safe. I am only selling as I am now making music and want to buy some equipment. Size wise it is 44cms across and 41cms deep. Looking for £650 shipped very heavy so shipping will be £30 of that. If I cannot get the right price I may swap the S1 chips and Teflon caps and bring the price down.

Reviews LINK And here LINK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Captain, Feb 23, 2012
  2. Captain

Captain