FS IPL ACOUSTICS M3TLM Ribbon Speakers

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Captain, May 11, 2009.

1. Captain

Captain

Up for sale is a pair of IPL Acoustics M3TLM ribbons all info can be found here LINK. I built these myself including doing the veneering. In stock form these are already a very good speaker, I moved from a pair of Art Stilettos which the M3TLM are a good step up from in quality. I have also upgraded the crossover which is also externalised and mounted on the back of the spaeker, this now has brought these speaker to very high leave.

Modifications are; Both original 5uf tweeter capacitor changed with a Duelund VSF Copper (£160 each) LINK and bypassed with a .22uf V-cap TFTF (£50 each) LINK. The Duelund caps have been mounted to the outside of the crossover box as they are very big. The resistors on tweeter have been replaced with Duelunds (£14 each) LINK. The capacitor for the bass have been changed with a Dynacaps at £30 each. There is 4 meters of Atlas Hyper 3 used at £20 a meter and 2 pairs of Eichmaan cable pods at £76. All wire in cross over is silver.

Kit and veneer came to £375 + £700 for caps and other bit so over a £1000 for build - would take £250.

These are quite a good size not too big as most of the IPL range, and very easy to drive, veneer is light oak. I have been running them with a 25watt tube amp with no problems.

Quality of work is pretty good can only see it has not been done professionally if you look hard, from a few feet away you cannot tell. Would have to collect from York as obviously their are no boxes. I am in no hurry to sell, so why not come up for a day this summer and spend a day in York. You get the speakers wife/other half get's a day out. My shop is in the centre so can be collect from there.

Any questions let me know.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Captain, May 11, 2009
  2. Captain

Captain

sale pending

Captain, May 12, 2009
  3. Captain

christho461

Hi,
    nice speakers are they sold yet? If they are sold would you happen to have detailed instructions as I will make a pair with a different tweeter. Thanks chris

christho461, Jun 7, 2009
  4. Captain

gregdee g point audio

pm'ed

gregdee, Jun 22, 2010
  5. Captain

Captain

Sorry sold about a year ago forgot to edit thread.

Captain, Jun 22, 2010
Ask a Question