FS Lynn Olsen Ariels

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Bourney, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Bourney

Bourney

its all going!!

basically these are the best speakers i have owned, they ARE better than the Avatars i have just bought ( sickener!) but no matter what happens they are too big for my domestic setting as well as needing a very heavy toe in. i would like to keep them but they take up a lot of room and i do not want to put them in the garage in the meantime.

basically they are 95% complete, just a few little bits n bobs to make them visually complete ( simple things - matching wood screws on the tweeters and mounting the terminal posts on teh back of the speaker - a couple of hours careful work at most) then there is getting them painted or veneered if you want to down that route.

there is too much to say about them so if they are of interest please read up on them on the internet to see if they suit. the designer is very well respected active on a few DIY forums and is also helpful if you have any questions.

i am sure i am going to regret this but, i basically bough the cabinets for £200 form a guy who had them made by a cabinet maker in North Wales - each cabinet alone weighs 35kg.

the crossovers and drivers were bought as a package with a pair of Lynn Olsen ME2 cabinets which will also be included and were made to a very high standard with the crossovers in their own stand alone boxes that are sort of Hi cap sized and well finished. these cost me £150 in the end.

i have also bought spike kits, binding posts, Chord Rumour cables for internal wiring etc so there is a few quids worth here. they WILL outperform anything any where near this price, i have tried a lot of speakers and these are a different league than most sand better than all!!. you are probably looking at 4-5k+ of commercial speaker complete with high quality scanspeak and vifa drivers (around £500 of drivers i believe)... BUT do be aware that they are very tall ( 1.2m) and quite deep and have very large bases (these could be trimmed down to suit if you feel confident with a saw) and they DO need a severe toe in to be at their best.

£350...

and you will have to collect, the upside is you get a stupidly good, well respected easy to drive (92dB) design, with off board crossovers for less than the costs of the drivers alone and if you have the room and a nice valve to drive them you will have the performance of a very expensive speaker for the cost of some new Mission stand mounts!!!

anyone interested??

see nutshellhifi for info, photos and design folders.

some pics on this thread...

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/view_topic.php?id=31127&forum_id=1&highlight=lynn

Bourney, Oct 20, 2008
Ask a Question